SCSI problem: Adaptec 1542CF / Conner CTMS 3200

1. Conner CTMS 3200 + Adaptec 1522A now working!

A couple of months ago I posted a message stating that I kept
getting hard lockups with my Conner CTMS 3200 SCSI tape drive attached
to an Adaptec 1522A controller.  I'm happy to report that I've figured
out what the problem was:  the parameters I was passing to the Adaptec
driver in the Linux kernel were not quite correct.  The key was to turn
off the controller's synchronous negotiation, i.e. to put

append="aha152x=0x340,11,7,1,1,0"

instead of

append="aha152x=0x340,11,7,1,1,1"

in the image portion of /etc/lilo.conf.  I made my first successful tape
backup last night and I am able to sleep more easily now!

Chris Hudgin, Meteorology Graduate Student
University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK, USA

Web:     http://www.ecas.ou.edu/~chudgin

2. Linux DISPLAY problems

3. Conner CTMS 3200 scsi tape

4. svgalib ONLY works for root?

5. Conner CTMS 3200 SCSI tape, not functioning

6. Caching vs non-caching SCSI (was 386/ESDI vs Pentium/SCSI)

7. Conner CTMS 3200 SCSI Tape drive

8. Request for help from tape guru's

9. Tape Drive for Linux : IOMega 3200 or Conner 3200

10. 0.18)Conner 3200 SCSI Tape Drive

11. Inode errors on Conner 1060S/Adaptec 1542CF-HELP

12. Anyone using Conner 1060S/Adaptec 1542CF-HELP

13. Ditto / Conner 3200