PS/2 Dist for Linux?

Post by Brian McGlyn » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Does anybody know of any distributions for Linux that will work on a PS/2 model
80?

-Brian

--
-------------------------+---------------------------
| Brian McGlynn          | Phone: (716) 424-8760    |

=========================+===========================
| "Electrical Engineers Do It With Less Resistance" |

PS/2 Dist for Linux?

Post by Darrell Frappi » Sat, 13 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anybody know of any distributions for Linux that will work on a PS/2 model
>80?

Short answer = none.  I could not find a distribution that would work.
The Future Domain MCA SCSI card work with a custom kernel, but the
IBM SCSI card has no support at all.  There is also limited support
for ESDI disks on the PS/2.

--

PS/2 Dist for Linux?

Post by John S Gwyn » Sun, 14 Jan 1996 04:00:00

| The Future Domain MCA SCSI card work with a custom kernel, but the
| IBM SCSI card has no support at all.  There is also limited support
| for ESDI disks on the PS/2.

Can you give more information regarding the Future Domain MCA SCSI
card. I Have a Future Domain MCS-350 MCA SCSI card with the signature
"FUTURE DOMAIN CORP. (C) 1987-1989 V1.0E2/22/89". It does not
appear to be supported. Has anyone gotten this to work?
What Future Domain MCA card have people gotten to work?

john

PS/2 Dist for Linux?

Post by Tom Krotch » Tue, 30 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Short answer = none.  I could not find a distribution that would work.
>The Future Domain MCA SCSI card work with a custom kernel, but the
>IBM SCSI card has no support at all.  There is also limited support
>for ESDI disks on the PS/2.

A pity.  There are tons and tons of these model 80's lying around everywhere
that would be perfect for Linux.  You can get a basic model with SCSI and
monitor from JEM computers for about $380.  Add a little more memory, and
you've got a great little server.  Oh well.

--
Tom Krotchko

PS/2 Dist for Linux?

Post by stra.. » Wed, 31 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>>Short answer = none.  I could not find a distribution that would work.
>>The Future Domain MCA SCSI card work with a custom kernel, but the
>>IBM SCSI card has no support at all.  There is also limited support
>>for ESDI disks on the PS/2.

>A pity.  There are tons and tons of these model 80's lying around everywhere
>that would be perfect for Linux.  You can get a basic model with SCSI and
>monitor from JEM computers for about $380.  Add a little more memory, and
>you've got a great little server.  Oh well.

>--
>Tom Krotchko

Look at sunsite.unc.edu at /pub/Linux/Incoming/ps2scsi.tgz.  This was just in
comp.os.linux.announce.  You need Slackware 3.0 or the 1.2.13 kernel.  Also
supports XGA and the cyrix chips.

S Trahan

1. adobe .ps vs .pdf files confusion: problems reading ".ps" documentation on redhat 5.2 linux

 I am having a small problem-
The doc for sybase rpm on the redhat linux 5.2  are  files with a
".ps" extension with the 1st line of
"%!PS-Adobe-3.0..."
 at the top.   When I try to read these with the Adobe acrobat 3.0
reader that came with redhat linux 5.1 ( only one I have) the reader
is looking for foo.pdf files and when I try to read the foo.ps files
already mentioned I get
"There was an error opening this document- file does not begin with
%PDF-"
What is the difference between .ps and .pdf files and what reader
should I use ?
Thanks for any help.

2. GIMP Compilation Woes

3. Linux .ps docs - print problem on HPLJIII with PS cartridge

4. Screen blanks during bootdisk...

5. Three DOSSIER volumes on RedHat Linux; new dist. format

6. Seagate U serie 5 30G fails on PROMISE PDC20265

7. Which Linux dist.?

8. MS Frontpage extensions on Linux (using BSDi and apache server)

9. which linux dist?

10. ISO CD images for other Linux dists?

11. Best Linux Dist. for an end user Desktop

12. What linux dist?

13. Linux dist. in Cleveland?