How to extract file from 'uuencoded gzip tar file'?

How to extract file from 'uuencoded gzip tar file'?

Post by sa2559.. » Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:00:00

How do you extract files from 'uuencoded gzipped tarfiles'
which has the following extention: <filename>.tgz.uu

I have downloaded Moxfm v. 1.0 souce code that come with this format,
now unable to extract files from it, anyone can help??

Sei Heng

Post by Jens Ritt » Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:00:00

>How do you extract files from 'uuencoded gzipped tarfiles'
>which has the following extention: <filename>.tgz.uu

>I have downloaded Moxfm v. 1.0 souce code that come with this format,
>now unable to extract files from it, anyone can help??

>Sei Heng

uudecode it with uudecode, if there're some options for piping be
happy. And then use tar!
Where's the problem?

HTH,

Jens

---

(during normal european business time hours)

1. wield directory entry for tar'ed gzip'ed files

When I tar and gzip a file (or download a tar'ed gzip file),
it gives the following in the directory listing:

prw-r--r--  1  root  root  (date)  28384958394  filename

The number changes, but is never the real gzip'd size, and
the p is always there.  I am using pl15g and e2f* 0.4a, but
this has occured since pl13 or 14 and the previous version
of e2f*.

What can I do to get the directory listing to print what is
really in the file?

Travis

--
Travis A. Jensen

"g-g-g-g-r-g-r-g-r-g-r-r-r-r"--Alexander Jensen (born 10/6/93)

2. Problem! Redhat 6.0 on Toshiba 2590 CDT

3. Sol2.3 tar corrupts extracted files if 'v' used with stdin, *sometimes*

4. Partitions, mount points and sizes

5. How to extract tar'ed files to new locations...

6. POSIX, ANSI standards and <sys/types.h>

7. extracting files on tar'd 8mm tape

8. Time for a New OS.

9. Help with tar please - cna't extract files

10. Extracting tar'd files to stdout - how?

11. getting a tar file off a tape when you've tar cf'ed first

12. 'cat file' but only if 'file' exist

13. Coverting '.so' files to '.o' files