Gdb error

Post by Mattias Hembru » Tue, 04 Mar 1997 04:00:00

System: P133, 32MB, ATI Mach 64 card..
OS: Slackware 2.1 (September '96), upgraded to kernel 2.0.29. No upgrade to
compiler/binutils

I just tried gdb for the first time on my Linux box. I can compile fine
(have recompiled 2.0.29 kernel, dosemu, xlock, etc - all work),
execute fine, "gdb program" just fine, step through it, etc..

If I try "gdb program core" to analyze a dump, I get:
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.15.1 (i486-slackware-linux),
Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
Couldn't fetch registers from core file: File in wrong format
#0  0x0 in ?? ()

Looking at the core file, I see:

Any ideas? I just don't know where to start.. Upgrade all of gcc/binutils?

I would prefer email - I don't have time to follow this group..

Thanks,
Mattias
--

Electrical and Computer Engineering Department,
E2-3343, ext 6165,

Gdb error

Post by Stephane ROUBERO » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> System: P133, 32MB, ATI Mach 64 card..
> OS: Slackware 2.1 (September '96), upgraded to kernel 2.0.29. No upgrade to
> compiler/binutils

> I just tried gdb for the first time on my Linux box. I can compile fine
> (have recompiled 2.0.29 kernel, dosemu, xlock, etc - all work),
> execute fine, "gdb program" just fine, step through it, etc..

> If I try "gdb program core" to analyze a dump, I get:
> GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
>  under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
> GDB 4.15.1 (i486-slackware-linux),
> Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
> Couldn't fetch registers from core file: File in wrong format
> Couldn't fetch registers from core file: File in wrong format
> #0  0x0 in ?? ()

> Looking at the core file, I see:

> Any ideas? I just don't know where to start.. Upgrade all of gcc/binutils?

> I would prefer email - I don't have time to follow this group..

> Thanks,
> Mattias
> --

> Electrical and Computer Engineering Department,
> E2-3343, ext 6165,
> University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario

get gdb 4.16

1. gdb error

Hi,

I'm have an Ultra 2 running solaris 2.5.1.  When I run gdb I receive
the following error:

(gdb) r -f sample
Starting program: /nfs/u14/shen/MLAlg/CDL4/src/CDL4 -f sample
"/usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-2/lib/libc_psr.so.1": not in executable
format: File format not recognized.

Has anyone experienced this kind of problem?  Any solutions?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

2. Problems reading tty after killing parent

3. gdb error in RH4.0

4. Xterm aborts because "cannot open psuedo tty"

5. gdb: Error reading dynamic library list

6. linux and NT and mac ?

7. gdb error console

8. NFS host unavialable, system hangs for 10 minutes

9. gdb error: [tcsetpgrp failed in terminal_inferior: Not a typewriter] in xterm and emacs

10. GDB error on run: "cannot access memory at address"

11. gdb Error: "Can't find default source file"

12. gdb error: signal ? not known

13. Interfacing with gdb: How to set a gdb watch point from C++ code?