StarOffice Question??

Post by Lars Brober » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I need help  getting StarOffice 3.1   to run on my RedHat 4.2. system,
> kernel 2.0.30 running on a Dell P133 32mb ram.

> The StarOffice 3.1 I am using came with Caldera Open Linux Lite. The
> readme file says I need "libc" version 5.4.4 but as far as i can see I
> have "libc ver 5.3" . Where do I get "libc" version 5.4.4 and how do I
> install it. Is there a HOWTO?

Yes there is, you'll find it at:
http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/linux/ldp/HOWTO/mini/StarOffice.html

Libc can be found at:
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/GCC

--
Lars Broberg, <atefifty at yahoo.com>
http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-16926/

StarOffice Question??

Post by Paul » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I found a howto type document by searching on www.dejanews.com.

Do a search on : linux staroffice howto

I got staroffice working in no time after reading the howto's that this
pointed
me towards.

--Paul

Quote:

> I need help  getting StarOffice 3.1   to run on my RedHat 4.2. system,
> kernel 2.0.30 running on a Dell P133 32mb ram.

> The StarOffice 3.1 I am using came with Caldera Open Linux Lite. The
> readme file says I need "libc" version 5.4.4 but as far as i can see I
> have "libc ver 5.3" . Where do I get "libc" version 5.4.4 and how do I
> install it. Is there a HOWTO?

> Any help would be appreciated

> Noel

1. New to groups and Staroffice Question

Hi, I am new to newsgroups so please bear with me if this is not worded
quite right.  Also please let me know if there is another group which is
more appropriate to this type of question.  Thanks.

I have Redhat 6.0 (downloaded off net) and am trying to install StarOffice
5.1.  I do know the cause, but just don't know the cure.  I do remember
hearing about StarDivision providing Redhat with a patch which would cure
the problem, but I can never find such a patch on the net anywhere.  Can
anyone help me.  Thanks.

--
Michael Cooper

2. Sendmail config problem

3. StarOffice questions

4. bandwidth budgeting

5. New to groups and Staroffice Question

6. Supported video cards for X11?

7. StarOffice question

8. Compile Error: bbootsect: non-Minux header

9. StarOffice Question?

10. staroffice questions

11. staroffice question?