TCL/TK and RPM

Post by Ted Troccol » Sat, 30 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Using RedHat 4.0 with 2.0.24 kernel

I want to upgrade my TCL/Tk to the latest version
but would like to use RPM to do so.

I can't find a .rpm file that includes those
versions.

Is there a way to use the regular tar.gz files
and let RPM know that I have later versions?

Thanks,
Ted

p.s  Post/Email replies please

1. RPM/Tcl-Tk Question: Right Upgrade Procedure?

I think I may be screwing up somehow as I attempt to upgrade the
Tk-Tcl packages in RH 4.2 to the latest versions (8.1-1, I think).

Using Glint, should I be doing an INSTALL, or an UPGRADE?  Or does it
matter?  I used INSTALL and ended up with what appears to be both the
new and the old packages installed. This manifests itself when I
attempt to start FileRunner, which fails to run and reports problems
executing the initialization script.

Anyone else run into this? Suggestions?

TIA,
TL
"There's a lot to learn
 from wasting time."   -Mr. Neil Young

2. Diamond Viper V330 @ 1152*768?

3. RPM of tk/tcl 8.

4. Pop3, SMTP and Synch'ing with e-mail client

5. TCL/TK v8.0 rpms wanted

6. Does Winfast 3D S800 work with X?

7. how can I upgrade tk/tcl with rpm

8. A bloody leason for Microsoft applogists

9. Trouble with RPM, tk and tcl.

10. how can i upgrade tk/tcl with rpm

11. Redhat RPM wont upgrade/install tcl/tk/tclx

12. tcl/tk botched upgrade even while using RPM

13. tcl/tk 8.2 rpms?