Installing Linux on an IMB PS/2 56 486SLC2

Installing Linux on an IMB PS/2 56 486SLC2

Post by Oivind Kollo » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

This box has a SCSII disc, and I've been trying, reading, trying
again. Now I need help, how do I get this disc to work. I'm using
redhat 4.2, and I need to do a network installation (meaning, using
FTP) so sugesting a change to a slackware release isn't going to help
me much.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated...

to group.

1. PS/2 model 56 and Linux

Hello,
    I try to install Linux (Slackware 3, Kernel 2.x.x) on an old PS/2 model
56,
    i use the IBMMCA kernel and during boot i pass ibmmcascsi=7 parameter
(found in howto)
    BUT
    linux kernel doesn't find SCSI adaptater
    What can i do ?

2. Bandwidth monitoring

3. external modem Genius GM 56 E-V, ELSA Microlink 56 Fun

4. directory listings

5. IBM PS/2 486SLC2 and Linux

6. LINUX SWAP FILE and Win95

7. IBM PS/2 Model 56 slc SCSI problems

9. Problems installing my LT 56 Kflex modem under Linux

10. RH 5.1 on PS/2 53 486SLC2?

11. How to Install HSP Micomodem 56[ChipSet PCT789T].

12. howto install XirCom CreditCard 56 and 10/100

13. Linux on Acer Modem 56 Memory