Red Hat Linux 5.2

Post by Nitro-dud » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello, my name is Vitor, and I am in Toronto, Canada. I have heard allot of
great things about Linux that I decided to order it, I order the Powertools
bundle, that comes with Linux 5.2. Now, I NEVER use Unix/Linux before, and I
would like to chat/type to others that are also new at Linux, as well with
Experts on Linux.

I hope that I get it before Xmas time, if so, I will be asking allot more
questions I am sure.

Please, also send me some most popular links where to get ad-on for Linux
5.2.

Thank you very much.

Vitor

Red Hat Linux 5.2

Post by Norman Jorda » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hello, my name is Vitor, and I am in Toronto, Canada. I have heard allot of
> great things about Linux that I decided to order it, I order the Powertools
> bundle, that comes with Linux 5.2. Now, I NEVER use Unix/Linux before, and I
> would like to chat/type to others that are also new at Linux, as well with
> Experts on Linux.

> I hope that I get it before Xmas time, if so, I will be asking allot more
> questions I am sure.

> Please, also send me some most popular links where to get ad-on for Linux
> 5.2.

> Thank you very much.

> Vitor

A Good start would be

http://www.linuxlinks.com
http://www.kde.org
http://www.gnome.org
http://www.linuxapps.com/

And don't forget WordPerfect 8 from
http://linux.corel.com

-- Norman Jordan -- Electrical Engineering Student

The Linux Resource Center

Red Hat Linux 5.2

Post by Bill Gillesp » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hello, my name is Vitor, and I am in Toronto, Canada. I have heard allot of
> great things about Linux that I decided to order it, I order the Powertools
> bundle, that comes with Linux 5.2. Now, I NEVER use Unix/Linux before, and I
> would like to chat/type to others that are also new at Linux, as well with
> Experts on Linux.

> I hope that I get it before Xmas time, if so, I will be asking allot more
> questions I am sure.

> Please, also send me some most popular links where to get ad-on for Linux
> 5.2.

> Thank you very much.

> Vitor

This would be a good start, The Canadian Linux Users Exchange:
                     http://linux.ca/

New Westminster, B. C.           Canada
================================

1. Good Linux book for Red Hat Linux 5.2

I have searched Amazon.com for a worthy Linux book for Red Hat 5.2, but
every one listed has problems.  I'm looking for an excellent book that
a beginner-intermediate level user can use.  Can somebody recommend a
great book for learning Linux?

J. H. Sagara

(Remove NO.SPAM to email)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. help with idled

3. Is there an ioctl bug in Red Hat Linux 5.2???

4. PPP Connection Problems

5. X Windows on Red Hat Linux 5.2 + Omnibook 5000CTS

6. Oh My God! Linux Quake II is AWESOME!

7. Red Hat Linux 5.2 (Apollo) and X-Windows

8. Linux kernel support CPU ?

9. dial up internet with red hat linux 5.2

10. Netscape problems with Red Hat Linux 5.2

11. dvips and Red Hat Linux 5.2

12. Red Hat Linux 5.2 on an Omnibook 5000CTS

13. Need CDE for Red Hat Linux 5.2