alt.os.caldera or sub-divide comp.os.linux.setup?

Post by Gilles Leho » Mon, 17 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>There is a proposal being discussed in alt.config to create alt.os.caldera
>(although the proponent has been advised to call it alt.os.linux.caldera)

>Given that there is very heavy traffic in comp.os.linux.setup and given
>that this traffic is growing incredibly rapidly I believe a better approach
>would be for someone to propose a split of comp.os.linux.setup by
>distribution (including a comp.os.linux.setup.misc group for other
>distributions and questions not oriented toward a distribution).

I have had a similar thought.
But, comp.os.linux.setup.slakware seems too long a name for a newsgroup.
How about
        comp.os.linux.slakware
        comp.os.linux.caldera
        comp.os.linux.yggdrasil

I'm certain a newsgroup devoted to slakware will help ALOT.

Post by roo » Sat, 29 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: >There is a proposal being discussed in alt.config to create alt.os.caldera
: >(although the proponent has been advised to call it alt.os.linux.caldera)

     There is a newsgroup called utah.linux which I thought was for Caldera
since Caldera is in Utah.  Turns out to be an abanoned group.  Why don't
we infiltrate it and take up our Caldra Discussions there?  Won't be the
first time that a News group was ifiltrated and we will be right on SUBJECT!
I am monitering the group daily and so far the most recent posts are mine!
How about it?

Post by Moira Wats » Sat, 29 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>     There is a newsgroup called utah.linux which I thought was for Caldera
>since Caldera is in Utah.  Turns out to be an abanoned group.  Why don't
>we infiltrate it and take up our Caldra Discussions there?  Won't be the
>first time that a News group was ifiltrated and we will be right on SUBJECT!
>I am monitering the group daily and so far the most recent posts are mine!
>How about it?

Well, when you have a group like utah.*, most newsadmins outside the
Utah area simply won't pick it up (assuming it's even part of *their*
newsfeed).

moira