Mitsumi CD-ROM 2X Problems

Post by Rogeli » Thu, 21 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Hi!

I installed the Slackware 220 version of Linux without problems, but when
I restart the system I cannot have the CD detected. The message I get is:

/dev/mcd : not a block device

Does any one know how to fix this?

Thanks.

Mitsumi CD-ROM 2X Problems

Post by Perry Gri » Tue, 26 Dec 1995 04:00:00

When you boot from boot floppy does it recognize the CD?
If so you probably just installed the wrong kernel on your
hard drive. I run a Mitsumi 1x CD with no problems.

|> Hi!
|>
|> I installed the Slackware 220 version of Linux without problems, but when
|> I restart the system I cannot have the CD detected. The message I get is:
|>
|> /dev/mcd : not a block device
|>
|> Does any one know how to fix this?
|> Thanks.

Doing Linux 1.2.13 on an maxed out 386DX20!
I wouldn't of made it up if it wasn't true!