Financial program for Linux

Post by Paul Folbrech » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:33:16

My switch from Windoze to Linux is virtually complete (except for
games).  The only thing I need know is a decent financial management
app, similar to Quicken.  Although, I really don't need anything that
sophisticated- just a simple check register would do.

Would like to hear input from others here.  Thanks.

Financial program for Linux

Post by E J » Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:59:29

How about gnucash?

> My switch from Windoze to Linux is virtually complete (except for
> games).  The only thing I need know is a decent financial management
> app, similar to Quicken.  Although, I really don't need anything that
> sophisticated- just a simple check register would do.

> Would like to hear input from others here.  Thanks.

Financial program for Linux

Post by Will Renk » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 00:51:40

how about cbb - check book balancer?

        >How about gnucash?
        >

        >> My switch from Windoze to Linux is virtually complete (except for
        >> games).  The only thing I need know is a decent financial management
        >> app, similar to Quicken.  Although, I really don't need anything that
        >> sophisticated- just a simple check register would do.
        >>
        >> Would like to hear input from others here.  Thanks.

 Will Renkel
 Wheaton, Ill.

"Golf and bowling are not a matter of life and death ...
     they transcend such trivial matters!"

"da little BIG DOG!"

Financial program for Linux

I've been using gnucash and it will accept quicken qif files ;)

Post by Glitc » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 12:48:00

> My switch from Windoze to Linux is virtually complete (except for
> games).  The only thing I need know is a decent financial management
> app, similar to Quicken.  Although, I really don't need anything that
> sophisticated- just a simple check register would do.

> Would like to hear input from others here.  Thanks.

The best 2 are Moneydance and Gnucash.  I'm not familiar with the
individual features so u will need to do some research. I believe

Here is the homepage for gnucash:
http://www.gnucash.org/