Help!! Xfree86 and my monitor are having problems!!

Help!! Xfree86 and my monitor are having problems!!

Post by Davi » Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have set up XFree86 and am using a Emerson monitor, <No manual
though> I can get X-win up and running, but the picture is shaky. Any
suggestions??<It's readable, but seems like something is set too high>

1. Help I am having OOP problems in Linux

I need some help with the basic of OOP in Linux I attempted to
convert some programming that I have done, in DOS, and Windows
ie:

#include <iostream.h>

main(void)
{
cout << "hello world.";
return 0;

when I compile this little short and nasty program using the following
command line

gcc sample.C -o sample

I get the following error

/tmp/cca024501.o; In function 'main':
/tmp/cca024501.o(.text+0x9): undefined reference to 'cout'
/tmp/cca024501.o(.text+0xe): undefined reference to
'ostream::operator<<char const *)

can anyone tell me what went wrong and what did I do wrong
as a form of a test to see if I can program in Linux?

Thanks

Kevin

2. Who command shows user that doesn't exist?

3. Help: Am I the Only one in the world having problems installing SR5

4. Problem with DLL Search Path !!!

5. Help - Having problems getting XFree86 3.1.2 working....

6. Z modem download puzzle.

7. I am having fun with Slack, but need help with DHCP setup

8. ftp problems

9. I am having trouble setting up KDE, and any help would be most appreciated

10. I already RTFM, but am still having problems

11. I am having problems with "fvwm2" or Xwindows

12. I am having problems with the 3c905 and the 3c509b with RH 5.0

13. I am having a /proc problem.