Swapping Modem in Linux : DIVA ISDN Modem problem

Swapping Modem in Linux : DIVA ISDN Modem problem

Post by CK Ton » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

My Linux box was originally with *vision ISDN modem. The modem
working perfectly no problem at all.

Recently I swap the *vision modem with DIVA ISDN modem. Now the DIVA
modem is not working with my linux.

Any other things I need to set if I swap the modem in Linux environment
? I know I need to change the driver in Windows 98 environment.

This modem is working perfectly whem I run Window 98 in the same box.

While I try to connect using this modem, the modem first go through
"Initializing modem" the it hang while " setting speaker volume....."

Any pointer will be very much appreciated.

CK

Post by Red » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> While I try to connect using this modem, the modem first go through
> "Initializing modem" the it hang while " setting speaker volume....."

ISDN modems don't have speakers.  Therefore the speaker volume setting is
probably confusing your DIVA; kill that part of the init string.  Should be
an L or M setting (L0 L1 L2 or M0 M1 M2).  Could be either or both.

Swapping Modem in Linux : DIVA ISDN Modem problem

Post by CK Ton » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Yes the modem works now ! (by leaving the Volume Setting column blank)
TQ very much

CK

> > While I try to connect using this modem, the modem first go through
> > "Initializing modem" the it hang while " setting speaker volume....."

> ISDN modems don't have speakers.  Therefore the speaker volume setting is
> probably confusing your DIVA; kill that part of the init string.  Should be
> an L or M setting (L0 L1 L2 or M0 M1 M2).  Could be either or both.

> --

1. Diva T/A ISDN modem to Linux

Hi

I've recived an init string from a user - but i had lost the mail! Please
send it again - thanks!!

Someone have an init-string to the ISDN-modem to Linux (XISP). Plus other
perferences? I've got the modem for one week ago, but didn't work! :-(

Claus

2. link libraries

3. Problem with RedHat 7.2 + Eicon Diva T/A ISDN Modem

4. xset

5. EICON DIVA ISDN MODEM AND COREL LINUX

6. AIX, Oracle X display error

7. Diva T/A ISDN Modem

8. Install problem: Mitsumi CDROM

9. Need Help with Eicon Diva T/A ISDN Modem Installation

10. DIVA T/A ISDN modem

11. ISDN modem Diva T/A

12. diva t/a isdn external modem

13. Getting an eicon diva ta isdn modem working