Linux file server w/ Accpac?? possible? help

Linux file server w/ Accpac?? possible? help

Post by Jeff » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

hello,
K here's the question. Looking at possibly setting up a linux box to handle
all your typical intranet server responsibilities including file serving to
win9X boxes ( ie via samba ).
We are also looking at getting Accpac for our ERP and accounting ( actually
we are getting it so ). I'm wondering if Linux w/ Samba can deal with Accpac
and file server accpac files. Apparently Accpac uses a Btreive database
structure ( similar to ctree ) so the accpac guy I talked to wondered if it
could handle this, cause he's never heard of linux so he didn't know. Can
it? Is anyone doing this.
thanks in advance
jeff

1. Linux File server w/ Accpac ???

hello,

K here's the question. Looking at possibly setting up a linux box to handle
all your typical intranet server responsibilities including file serving to
win9X boxes ( ie via samba ).

We are also looking at getting Accpac for our ERP and accounting ( actually
we are getting it so ). I'm wondering if Linux w/ Samba can deal with Accpac
and file server accpac files. Apparently Accpac uses a Btreive database
structure ( similar to ctree ) so the accpac guy I talked to wondered if it
could handle this, cause he's never heard of linux so he didn't know. Can
it? Is anyone doing this.

thanks in advance

jeff

2. shm_open() ?

3. Using Linux for file server...possible?

4. wrong e-mail address

5. Accpac 4W and Linux Red Hat 7.2

6. 2.00 times amplification

7. ACCPAC on Linux/Samba

8. help, i get error msg installing mSQL cause of mmap

9. Geforce 2 MX Linux Twin X servers or X server + framebuffer - Is it possible

10. Is the following LRP system possible, central file server and network boot media only?

11. Help: Servers for One Connection, Is it possible?

12. Help: Is it possible to setup a server at home?

13. Help! Possible ISP mail server security issues