Modem send strange chars after connect

Post by Sanjay Malhotr » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I am running Redhat 4.2 - kernel 2.0.30 and am have difficultly connect to
my ISP. My modem is ATI ETC-I 19200 it is on COM2.

When using minicom the modem connects and once I recieve the "CONNECT
14400" it starts sending strange chars to the screen and then eventually
hangs-up.

I have also tried to connect with pppd and when I look at the logs it fails
after the kernel IPX and Apple talk happens again sending strange chars
then* up.

Thanks in Advance
Sanjay Malhotra

1. ?? Modem sends ~15 chars, wait 30s, 15 chars, wait 30s...??

I've got my modem (Cardinal 336 int) sending & receiving chars, dialing,
etc.  But using either chat or minicom, chars are sent & received VERY
slowly.  For example, if I send

    ATZ^M

It takes about 30 seconds to see the OK response.  On longer strings, I
send/receive about 15 chars, pause about 30 seconds, send about 15 more
chars, ....  Any ideas on what's going on?

Wayne
__________________

Caliber Technology
Payroll Withholding Tax Updates
http://www.taxupdate.com/software

2. AST Bios Problems anyone?

3. How do I send a BREAK char to my Modem/remote system?

4. Needing a site to download Linux

5. modem connects at 14.4, but sz sends at cps

6. XFree 4.0 and Touchscreen

7. modem connects at 14.4, but sends at 900 cps

8. Powermanagement with ATX

9. char *strcasestr(char *haystack, char *needle) a simple case independent strstr()

10. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

11. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

12. Chars dropped sending to sqlplus ... sometimes

13. Q: How do I send strings (char name[]) to and from a running prog?