microphone won't turn off

Post by greg ushomirski » Wed, 16 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed Redhat 4.0 (upgraded kernel to 2.0.27) on my laptop a
while ago, but recently noticed the following problem. The built-in
microphone seems to be constantly on, i.e. I can hear an echo of
myself through the speakers and if I tap the microphone I get this
clicking sound in my speakers.  How do I turn it off (on a permanent
basis, hopefully)?

my sound card is ess audiodrive, configured as sb-16 compatible.

--

1. 2.90 beta snd driver can't turn off the microphone

The sound driver 2.90 beta comes with kernel 1.1.37 has a bug in
SG mixer.

I compiled kernel with Sound Galaxy mixer support. The only problem
is that I can't turn off the microphone input. v2.5 snd driver mixer
works OK.

Yanming

2. Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 PCI support?

3. Help: How to turn off microphone in Linux?

4. Man pages missing

5. Turning off microphone in Linux

6. ansel card

7. Turn off microphone & speaker in Linux

8. mouse problem

9. X won't start - sys crashes and monitor turns off!

10. System Won't Turn Off

11. ''Charlie Root'' System Monitor - TURN OFF

12. Turning off 'talk' help. . .

13. turn off '^S' (XON/XOFF)