URGENT: Installing Windows NT on system that has WIN 95 and Linux?

URGENT: Installing Windows NT on system that has WIN 95 and Linux?

Post by Kannan Kona » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I have not been following this newsgroup in a while so I would appreciate
some help/tips in installing Windows NT on a system that has Windows 95
and Linux on it.  I'd like the 3 operating systems to coexist.

I am currently using Slackware Linux 3.3 on a Pentium Pro 200 MHz.

I have two hard disks that are partitioned as follows:

        Disk  1:   C:  Windows 95
                   Partition 2:  Linux

        Disk 2:    D: Empty awaiting NT installation
                   E: User area

I used LILO to boot Windows 95 or Linux.  It is located in the Master Boot
Record.

I am able to boot Linux from Floppy too.

In the past I have seen suggestions on installing NT before Linux but not
NT after Linux.

Any tips/web documents that will help me do this will be greatly appreciated.
If there is sufficient interest, I will summarize the replies/my experience
too.

Thanks
Kannan

1. Installing Linux/Win 95/Win NT

Hi

I just recently purchased RH 5.0. Next week, I'm hopefully getting a
new computer with WIn 95 on it. I wish to put Linux, Win95 and NT on
either the same 6.3gig HD or 2 separte drives.

Could someone please suggest the best order for installation and what
order to set up the partitions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Nick

P.S. Any replies via email must delete the 'REMOVE' section

2. RH 5.1 for Sparc

3. Installing Linux+Win 95+Win NT

4. AD: CD with Slackware 3.0, $5

5. Delete Windows 95, Install Windows NT and Linux

6. would you be my friend?

7. Installing Windows 95, Windows NT & Linux on same hard disk

8. magic3D vooduRish card. driver?

9. Installing windows 95 on installed linux system

10. Linux access from dos/win/windows 95/NT

11. NT Web Server : Seeking beta testers for Windows 95, Windows NT Web Server

12. Installing Linux with NT 4.0 and Win 95

13. Installing linux with Win 95 and NT