DMA problem

Post by BRADIC LJUBI » Fri, 17 Mar 1995 13:07:08

Does anybody know how to fix this or what the cause of this is?
At the boot sequence I get this message:

Calibrating delay loop.. ok..
eata.c get_conf_DMA: Controller timeout
eata.c get_conf_DMA: Controller timeout
eata.c get_conf_DMA: Controller timeout
eata.c get_conf_DMA: Controller timeout

When I try to install LILO it gives me the message
"Lilo cant be installed: don't know how to handle device 0x1010"

I suspect that this could be connected. Any ideas?

1. recording overrun problem/dma problem

Hello everybody:

    I have several Pentium 75 running an encoder program (serving sound
to a real audio server,also running linux), the problem i have is the
following:

    2 work properly but in one of them I've got this error message
(after several hours working fine!!): DMA/IRQ config error, I insist:
after 7 hours running OK. Afterwards the message the encoder stops.

another of my encoders, shows this error (after some time working OK):
sound overrun, and then it follows working but the kbps falls down "to a
half"

Any idea ?

Thank you mery much.

Ricardo Verdeojo

2. entering the password in automated script for ssh

3. DVD writing corruption (DMA problem? 2GB limit problem?)

4. solaris 7 mail problem

5. ftape problem with DMA problems in SVGA card

6. Variables containing regular expressions

7. Intel 815e mobo, Arco DupliDisk 2 raid 1card, and DMA problems

8. Solaris 2.4 x86: How to change Ethernet cards?

9. Help troubleshooting DMA problem

10. Linux 2.4.19: an old known VIA DMA problem?

11. DMA problem with Promise Ultra 100TX2 with redhat 8

12. Ultra DMA problems with Slackware 3.2/kernel 2.0.36

13. DMA problems