PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by d.. » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi. i do apologize if my message sounds a bit too long but at least
you all will be able to figure out the sticky problem I'm stuck with
and may even know how to help me out of it. I currently am running
Windows 98 on one hard disk. However, since it is 7.5 GB and it's
32-bit, Linux  won't recognize it when I first install Linux. At least
that's what I have been told and eventually found out. Besides, sure I
can download 500 MB in 2 hrs without any trouble via my cable modem,
but I would still need to copy it to a CD-R or CD-RW disc or something
and I'm not gonna pay $200 - $400 for CD-R/RW (in case you all wanted
to know why I would not prefer to copy to a storage device and then
install). I'm not sure if Linux will do it off my zip disks if I copy
linux to 6 zip discs. In any case, these wonderful people keep on
changing the versions of RH Linux. Therefore having got fed up with
it, I looked in the book which talked about RH Linux and how to
install. Well, I had versions 3 and 4 of RH but since some of my
crucial hardware at that time could not be recognized I abandoned RH
until I finally found out that if I had a direct connection with

connection with their T1, T3, OC-3, etc... server, then you don't even
have to download RH linux. All you really have to download are the
boot.img and supp.img files and transfer them to two blank but
formatted 3.5" high density disks. So I did just that and booted up my
machine and when I got to the installation method option, I chose ftp
method. When I got to the ethernet card question, I 3c509 driver. By
the way, I still have the 3c509b PnP 16-bit Ethernet adaptor which I
obtained when I used to attend another university. Rather than sell
it, I kept it for something like a cable modem. In fact that same
ethernet card I had was part of the requirements for my cable modem
installation. Anyway, RH Linux never in the past had any trouble
recognizing my ethernet card. The only trouble was recognizing my
video cards,my parallel port zip drive, and my higher capacity hard
drive. here, in 5.2 that was not the problem. however, when I got to
the options of DHCP, BOOTP, and Static Address, I chose the Static
option and filled in my fields correctly. However, I got an error
message saying unable to connect to host. I fully verified the ftp
site address and typed it correctly. So I then went back and tried the
other two options only to get the "no response" error message from
bootp and dhcp. So the question still remains, isn't it possible to

are to be made during installation?

P.S:
PLEASE DO NO TELL ME TO USE ANOTHER VERSION OF UNIX SINCE I KINDA AM
USED TO RH LINUX. ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO PARTITION MY HARD
DRIVE SINCE MY 75. GB HARD DRIVE IS NEARLY FILLED UP. I PLAN TO
INSTALL REDHAT LINUX 5.2 TO MY OLDER 730 MB HARD DRIVE SO PLEASE DO
NOT BRING IN 7.5 GB INTO THE PICTURE UNLESS YOU ARE GONNA GIVE ME A
FREE CD-RW DRIVE FIRST !!! ALL I AM ASKING IS THAT YOU GIVE ME A
SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM I GOT. DO NOT GIVE ME IRRELEVANT BULLSH**
SUCH AS TELLING ME TO PARTITION MY OTHER HARD DRIVE. I WILL CONTINUE
TO POST THIS MESSAGE UNTIL SOMEONE HELPS ME FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!

Please post a reply to this message. I've had to switch ISPs in the
past due to people spamming and framing my acount(s).

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by Doug Bryan » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>>are to be made during installation?

Yes but do not know how.

http://www.cheapbytes.com      <<   $1.99 Redhat 5.2 as well as many other Linux
and Frebsd partitions
Don't Post to so many newsgroups again

Post by dizz » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM I GOT. DO NOT GIVE ME IRRELEVANT BULLSH**
> SUCH AS TELLING ME TO PARTITION MY OTHER HARD DRIVE. I WILL CONTINUE
> TO POST THIS MESSAGE UNTIL SOMEONE HELPS ME FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!

LMAO!!!!
hehehehe.....uh huh.......
Linux Home page http://www.connix.com/~dizzy73/LBM.htm

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by Michael Pow » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by d.. » Fri, 01 Jan 1999 04:00:00

SORRY, DOUGY BOY BUT I AIN'T GONNA PAY. Besides, I still have to make
sure my ethernet card works. As for posting, I CAN POST ALL I WANT
UNTIL I FIND A DECENT SOLUTION !!!

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:05:51 -0500, Doug Bryant

> [...]

>> bootp and dhcp. So the question still remains, isn't it possible to

>> are to be made during installation?

>> P.S:
>> PLEASE DO NO TELL ME TO USE ANOTHER VERSION OF UNIX SINCE I KINDA AM
>> USED TO RH LINUX. ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO PARTITION MY HARD
>> DRIVE SINCE MY 75. GB HARD DRIVE IS NEARLY FILLED UP. I PLAN TO
>> INSTALL REDHAT LINUX 5.2 TO MY OLDER 730 MB HARD DRIVE SO PLEASE DO
>> NOT BRING IN 7.5 GB INTO THE PICTURE UNLESS YOU ARE GONNA GIVE ME A
>> FREE CD-RW DRIVE FIRST !!! ALL I AM ASKING IS THAT YOU GIVE ME A
>> SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM I GOT. DO NOT GIVE ME IRRELEVANT BULLSH**
>> SUCH AS TELLING ME TO PARTITION MY OTHER HARD DRIVE. I WILL CONTINUE
>> TO POST THIS MESSAGE UNTIL SOMEONE HELPS ME FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!

>> Please post a reply to this message. I've had to switch ISPs in the
>> past due to people spamming and framing my acount(s).

Post by Darren Gre » Fri, 01 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Post all you want....but please....not so many caps...its quite
annoying, and will probably prevent many to even consider responding.

DrGreer

-->SORRY, DOUGY BOY BUT I AIN'T GONNA PAY. Besides, I still have to make
-->sure my ethernet card works. As for posting, I CAN POST ALL I WANT
-->UNTIL I FIND A DECENT SOLUTION !!!
-->
-->On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:05:51 -0500, Doug Bryant
-->

-->>>>are to be made during installation?
-->>Yes but do not know how.
-->>
-->>
[...]

-->>>
[...]
-->>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-->>
-->

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by d.. » Fri, 01 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Very funny, creamfart. Now you can stuff some cream up your ****.
AHEHEHEHEHE !!!

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by Warren Mir » Sat, 02 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hi. i do apologize if my message sounds a bit too long but at least
> you all will be able to figure out the sticky problem I'm stuck with
> and may even know how to help me out of it. I currently am running
> Windows 98 on one hard disk. However, since it is 7.5 GB and it's
> 32-bit, Linux  won't recognize it when I first install Linux. At least
> that's what I have been told and eventually found out. Besides, sure I
> can download 500 MB in 2 hrs without any trouble via my cable modem,
> but I would still need to copy it to a CD-R or CD-RW disc or something
> and I'm not gonna pay $200 - $400 for CD-R/RW (in case you all wanted
> to know why I would not prefer to copy to a storage device and then
> install). I'm not sure if Linux will do it off my zip disks if I copy
> linux to 6 zip discs. In any case, these wonderful people keep on
> changing the versions of RH Linux. Therefore having got fed up with
> it, I looked in the book which talked about RH Linux and how to
> install. Well, I had versions 3 and 4 of RH but since some of my
> crucial hardware at that time could not be recognized I abandoned RH
> until I finally found out that if I had a direct connection with

> connection with their T1, T3, OC-3, etc... server, then you don't even
> have to download RH linux. All you really have to download are the
> boot.img and supp.img files and transfer them to two blank but
> formatted 3.5" high density disks. So I did just that and booted up my
> machine and when I got to the installation method option, I chose ftp
> method. When I got to the ethernet card question, I 3c509 driver. By
> the way, I still have the 3c509b PnP 16-bit Ethernet adaptor which I
> obtained when I used to attend another university. Rather than sell
> it, I kept it for something like a cable modem. In fact that same
> ethernet card I had was part of the requirements for my cable modem
> installation. Anyway, RH Linux never in the past had any trouble
> recognizing my ethernet card. The only trouble was recognizing my
> video cards,my parallel port zip drive, and my higher capacity hard
> drive. here, in 5.2 that was not the problem. however, when I got to
> the options of DHCP, BOOTP, and Static Address, I chose the Static
> option and filled in my fields correctly. However, I got an error
> message saying unable to connect to host. I fully verified the ftp
> site address and typed it correctly. So I then went back and tried the
> other two options only to get the "no response" error message from
> bootp and dhcp. So the question still remains, isn't it possible to

> are to be made during installation?

> P.S:
> PLEASE DO NO TELL ME TO USE ANOTHER VERSION OF UNIX SINCE I KINDA AM
> USED TO RH LINUX. ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO PARTITION MY HARD
> DRIVE SINCE MY 75. GB HARD DRIVE IS NEARLY FILLED UP. I PLAN TO
> INSTALL REDHAT LINUX 5.2 TO MY OLDER 730 MB HARD DRIVE

DOWNLOAD the RH files to your   FAT32 hard drive  and install using hard
disk...........................................................................................................................

Quote:> SO PLEASE DO

Post by Fran » Sat, 02 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> <snip>
> DO NOT GIVE ME IRRELEVANT BULLSH**
> SUCH AS TELLING ME TO PARTITION MY OTHER HARD DRIVE. I WILL CONTINUE
> TO POST THIS MESSAGE UNTIL SOMEONE HELPS ME FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!

> Please post a reply to this message. I've had to switch ISPs in the
> past due to people spamming and framing my acount(s).

  using umsdos might be your ticket...

i agree with doug 'n darren... the tone of your posts does tend discourage the help
you're seeking...

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by D » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Stuff a pie in your face.

>> <snip>
>> DO NOT GIVE ME IRRELEVANT BULLSH**
>> SUCH AS TELLING ME TO PARTITION MY OTHER HARD DRIVE. I WILL CONTINUE
>> TO POST THIS MESSAGE UNTIL SOMEONE HELPS ME FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!

>> Please post a reply to this message. I've had to switch ISPs in the
>> past due to people spamming and framing my acount(s).

>  using umsdos might be your ticket...

>i agree with doug 'n darren... the tone of your posts does tend discourage the help
>you're seeking...

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by D » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I TOLD YOU THAT I DO NOT WANT TO DOWNLOAD AND THEN INSTALL SINCE IT
WON'T WORK THAT WAY. You obviously are way too mentally retarded to
read english.

> [...]

>> DRIVE SINCE MY 75. GB HARD DRIVE IS NEARLY FILLED UP. I PLAN TO
>> INSTALL REDHAT LINUX 5.2 TO MY OLDER 730 MB HARD DRIVE

>DOWNLOAD the RH files to your   FAT32 hard drive  and install using hard
>disk...........................................................................................................................

>> SO PLEASE DO
>> NOT BRING IN 7.5 GB INTO THE PICTURE UNLESS YOU ARE GONNA GIVE ME A
>> FREE CD-RW DRIVE FIRST !!! ALL I AM ASKING IS THAT YOU GIVE ME A
>> SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM I GOT. DO NOT GIVE ME IRRELEVANT BULLSH**
>> SUCH AS TELLING ME TO PARTITION MY OTHER HARD DRIVE. I WILL CONTINUE
>> TO POST THIS MESSAGE UNTIL SOMEONE HELPS ME FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!

>> Please post a reply to this message. I've had to switch ISPs in the
>> past due to people spamming and framing my acount(s).

SHUT UP, PIGFART !!! Nobody asked you. If you don't like the post,
then don't respond. Geez, you're so retarded !!!

On 30 Dec 1998 21:18:14 -0800, Michael Powe

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by D » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Fine, I'll take it there then. I ask a question and end up with most
people giving mentally retarded answers in return but that's o.k. The
world's full of stupid idiots.

On Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:25:00 +0900, Mike Thoreson

>> Hi. i do apologize if my message sounds a bit too long but at least
>> you all will be able to figure out the sticky problem I'm stuck with
>> and may even know how to help me out of it. I currently am running
>> Windows 98 on one hard disk. However, since it is 7.5 GB and it's
>> 32-bit, Linux  won't recognize it when I first install Linux... <snip>

>> P.S:
>> PLEASE DO NO TELL ME TO USE ANOTHER VERSION OF UNIX SINCE I KINDA AM
>> USED TO RH LINUX. ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO PARTITION MY HARD
>> DRIVE SINCE MY 75. GB HARD DRIVE IS NEARLY FILLED UP...  <snip>

>> Please post a reply to this message. I've had to switch ISPs in the
>> past due to people spamming and framing my acount(s).

>This may not be the complete solution, but it is something to consider. The first
>issue is your vfat32 partition. That is a kernel issue and not RedHat specific. I
>have read that kernel 2.0.36 is able to access a vfat32 partition. I can't verify
>that, but I am using a development kernel 2.1.132 which has no problem with my
>Win98 vfat32 partition. Your problem as I see it, is that the basic kernel image
>you have downloaded isn't set up to handle a vfat32 partition. I know with your
>wining personality you could find someone who can build you a custom kernel image
>with the necessary modules built in so that it can access your vfat32 partition.
>Then use windows to download everything you need, to your 7 GB drive. Oh and you
>need loadlin. There's HOWTOs available via HTML on how to use loadlin. Reboot to a
>dos prompt and boot linux from your vfat32 partition using loadlin and the
>customized kernel image. This would get around your ethernet card problem, until
>you have a full Linux system running.

>Also I would think you need more then just 2 floppy disks. You would need the
>entire base system on floppys. That way you would have all the basic drivers
>available, such as the ethernet drivers,  vfat driver and a basic ftp application.
>I might be wrong, but on kernel versions before 2.0.36 the vfat driver allowed you
>to access a win95 partition with its long file names. Starting with kernel 2.0.36
>it is able to access a vfat32 partition. I'm sure that would require more then  2
>floppy disks. For example, with Debian, it requires a total of 6 floppy disks. But
>what do I know

>For what it's worth - Good Luck

>--
>Mike Thoreson

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by Marc » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

You asked for help, and we tried to give you help.  If you want to think that we are
"stupid idiots" then that's your problem, but just remember who asked who for help and
who cannot get it working in the first place.
please try to remember that we are NOT experts (well mabye some of us..I'm not) we are
all learning,,if somoene gives you an answer thatis not correct then move on to the
next answer or rephrase the question!
Good luck!

*******************ARROWOFTHEMORNINGSTAR********************

> Fine, I'll take it there then. I ask a question and end up with most
> people giving mentally retarded answers in return but that's o.k. The
> world's full of stupid idiots.

> On Sun, 03 Jan 1999 03:25:00 +0900, Mike Thoreson

> >> Hi. i do apologize if my message sounds a bit too long but at least
> >> you all will be able to figure out the sticky problem I'm stuck with
> >> and may even know how to help me out of it. I currently am running
> >> Windows 98 on one hard disk. However, since it is 7.5 GB and it's
> >> 32-bit, Linux  won't recognize it when I first install Linux... <snip>

> >> P.S:
> >> PLEASE DO NO TELL ME TO USE ANOTHER VERSION OF UNIX SINCE I KINDA AM
> >> USED TO RH LINUX. ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME HOW TO PARTITION MY HARD
> >> DRIVE SINCE MY 75. GB HARD DRIVE IS NEARLY FILLED UP...  <snip>

> >> Please post a reply to this message. I've had to switch ISPs in the
> >> past due to people spamming and framing my acount(s).

> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> >This may not be the complete solution, but it is something to consider. The first
> >issue is your vfat32 partition. That is a kernel issue and not RedHat specific. I
> >have read that kernel 2.0.36 is able to access a vfat32 partition. I can't verify
> >that, but I am using a development kernel 2.1.132 which has no problem with my
> >Win98 vfat32 partition. Your problem as I see it, is that the basic kernel image
> >you have downloaded isn't set up to handle a vfat32 partition. I know with your
> >wining personality you could find someone who can build you a custom kernel image
> >with the necessary modules built in so that it can access your vfat32 partition.
> >Then use windows to download everything you need, to your 7 GB drive. Oh and you
> >need loadlin. There's HOWTOs available via HTML on how to use loadlin. Reboot to a
> >dos prompt and boot linux from your vfat32 partition using loadlin and the
> >customized kernel image. This would get around your ethernet card problem, until
> >you have a full Linux system running.

> >Also I would think you need more then just 2 floppy disks. You would need the
> >entire base system on floppys. That way you would have all the basic drivers
> >available, such as the ethernet drivers,  vfat driver and a basic ftp application.
> >I might be wrong, but on kernel versions before 2.0.36 the vfat driver allowed you
> >to access a win95 partition with its long file names. Starting with kernel 2.0.36
> >it is able to access a vfat32 partition. I'm sure that would require more then  2
> >floppy disks. For example, with Debian, it requires a total of 6 floppy disks. But
> >what do I know

> >For what it's worth - Good Luck

> >--
> >Mike Thoreson

PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Post by Kevin Mart » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>> Please post a reply to this message. I've had to switch ISPs in the
>>> past due to people spamming and framing my acount(s).

And you crossposted to how many groups?  That doesn't sound like a
frame-up.  It sounds like you got caught.

People with clues really should stop giving help to people who post utterly
useless subject lines, like this one.  We're not doing anyone a favor when
we encourage rudeness and thoughtlessness.  Not even you.

1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

Everything ran WONDERFUL for about 4 months this machine ran several
servers it is a UDB w/ 340mb SCSI (SLOW 5mb) half inch internal hard
drive.  32 megs of true parity ram, Red hat 5.0 I get the following
error

NCR53-810-0: ERROR (0:48) (0-20-0) (8/33) * scripth (868:18000400).
NCR53-810-0: Script cmd = 888030000
NCR53-810-0: regdump : da 10 80 33 47 08 00 1f 01 08 00 28 80 00 08 00
NCR53-810-0: have to clear fifos

What the HELL is this and is there anyway to fix it ?  It seems to
occur when doing file writing, when i try to tar something for example
it will go into a continual unending loop displaying the above error
message.  I have refdisked, formated, and clean installed redhat and
the problem is still there :( Please help, if at all possible mail

2. Convert amount into words

4. new system

5. NFS please help me please please please sniff

6. Any Wide differential SCSI cards for 2.5.1 X86?

7. PLEASE HELP ME WITH SAMBA ??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ????

8. SHAREWARE: RAR v2.01 For UNIX - archiver

9. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(

10. please please please help me!

11. Please Please Please HELP

12. Please, please, please- can anyone provide any help?