1. HELP REQD: Large IDE drive (Fujitsu MPC3102AT 10.24 GB)
I've got a 10GB Fujitsu MPC3102AT drive in a PC here, as secondary
Now, the BIOS doesn't seem to like drives over 8GB (or possibly smaller)
'cause it's not very new; however, this shouldn't be a problem since I
don't want to boot off the drive, I merely want to stick a large (all of
it) data partition on it.
First problem: fdisk only seems to think it's got 16383 cyl, 16 heads,
63 sectors for a total of 8.45 gb.
Second problem: if I set aside a single partition, /dev/hdc1 as
basically taking up the whole disk, I can mkfs -t ext2 /dev/hdc1 with no
However, when I run /sbin/fsck.ext2 -f /dev/hdc1, the following error
Short read trying to fetch block 2064420
The same error occurs for every block beyond that.
I notice that 2064420/63=32768, which leads me to believe there's some
16-bit value in the kernel playing sillybuggers ("you want me find
sector -32768? get a grip" sort of thing).
It's all very well noticing this, however, but I'd like to know what to
do about it.
The kernel, by the way, is 2.0.36; this is a fairly old PC but new
enough that the motherboard ought to be able to cope with 10GB drives.
Help! What next?
I'd appreciate it if any (constructive) comments could be CC:'d to:
Thanks in advance,
Leverage that synergy! Ooh yeah, looking good! Now stretch - and relax.
2. RH 7.1.94 NFS/RPC problem
3. add_install_client help reqd!
4. How to restart dtwm on Solaris 2.6/CDE 1.02
5. Help reqd to setup TERM
6. Filebrowsing problems
7. Help reqd for device driver on sun-sparc 5's
8. How to connect to HP Unix machine
9. Core File Analysis - URGENT HELP REQD.
10. Help reqd installing pop3d under RedHat
11. Win ME RH 7.2 dual boot help reqd.
12. Basic Cron Question....Help reqd.
13. Help reqd