Soundcard problems

Post by Dirk Eschmoelle » Wed, 30 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I know it sounds stupid, but I have the problem
that I use a SB16 compatible soundcard, and after
setting the kernel to the parameters I need for
my card, I can only hear the music from my cdr
until I reboot. After the reboot nothing happened.
If I recompile the kernel, nothing to hear.
But if I install the complete linux again and setup
the kernel, my soundcard does it, til I reboot.
I have the kernel 2.0.30 and a ATAPI cdr.

Any ideas???

Thank you in advance,
Dirk

1. VGA driver problem and soundcard problem

Hi guys,

I am trying to install LINUX. This was without too much problems however
I do not know what to choose for my VGA card driver (the VGA card I own
is a chaintech DESPERADO AGP-SI30 with a SiS6326 chipset, adaptor type
2D/3D.

Also I still have to install my soundcard. This one is integrated on the
main board and this is the chaintech CT-6SSA2 (ESS Solo-1 audio chip).
So any pointers of how to do this is also nice to have.

Any help most welcome.

Bye,

Paul

2. PPP and Win95 problem

3. Seg Fault || Dynamic Linked Lists || ISSUES

4. Modem and soundcard problems

5. mail not found help please.

6. Help! Soundcard problems

7. Yggdrasil P&P UMSDOS on Micron problem

8. Soundcard problem

9. SoundCard Problem

10. Soundcard problems

11. Newbie Soundcard Problem