Help: How to get Modem Riser and sound card work under RH6.1 ?

Post by Pierr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

#1. I got a Modem Riser, which is not really a modem.
It comes with a Windows 98 driver. Does anybody knows
how to get it work under linux ?

#2.I have a built-in sound card on the motherboard.
I can get it work. The command "cat /dev/sndstat" shows that
it's a 8bit sound card. But it's really a 16bit card.
And the volume is so low that I almost can hear nothing even
if I turn the volume of the speaker to maximum.
Anybody met similar problem ?

Thanks.

Pierre.

---------------------------
Dept. of Mathematics,
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
--------------------------

Help: How to get Modem Riser and sound card work under RH6.1 ?

Post by Edward Le » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It would help if you post your "cat /proc/bus/pci/devices".

> #1. I got a Modem Riser, which is not really a modem.
> It comes with a Windows 98 driver. Does anybody knows
> how to get it work under linux ?

> #2.I have a built-in sound card on the motherboard.
> I can get it work. The command "cat /dev/sndstat" shows that
> it's a 8bit sound card. But it's really a 16bit card.
> And the volume is so low that I almost can hear nothing even
> if I turn the volume of the speaker to maximum.
> Anybody met similar problem ?

> Thanks.

> Pierre.

> ---------------------------
> Dept. of Mathematics,
> University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
> --------------------------

1. Help: How to get Modem Riser and sound card work under RH6

#1. I got a Modem Riser, which is not really a modem.

#2.I have a built-in sound card on the motherboard.

--
---------------------------
Dept. of Mathematics,
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
--------------------------

2. ipchains: forwarding packets HELP!!!

3. Need Help With Getting ESS Sound Card To Work

4. how to install 2nd RH disk & utils

5. Getting a NETGEAR FX410TX PCMCIA card working in RH6

6. Paging problem

7. modem stopped working after sound card config-help

8. Problems with Linksys, Linux and wu-ftpd

9. RH6: which sound card and modem?

10. Help: Sound card works but no sound from the cd player

11. Newbie: Aztech 2320 sound card totally locks RH6.0 after sound config probe

12. getting Aureal sound card working

13. Getting sound card to work...