> How do i set a graphical interface as my default login?
> and how do i set up a default windows manager?
> The setup guide appears particularlly unhelpful with these?
> A direct e-mail would be very much appreciated!!
When you get through it, just type "startx" (without quotes) at
the command line.
It will probably come up in 640x480 mode. Hit control-alt-+
until it looks right.
1. IP-Masquerading Problems with Slackware 4.0
Has anyone gotten IP-Masquerading working by editing the
file to enable support for masquerading?
I uncommented the lines for IP masquerading in my gateway machine, but
I have not had any luck. I have a private IP network which uses the
192.168.1.0 class C network. My gateway machine has an IP of
192.168.1.100. I also have a routable static IP on my gateway machine
18.104.22.168. I have two nic cards. I tested by pinging the the nic
cards and it appears they have been properly assigned. Here are the
lines in the file:
ipfwadm -F -p deny
ipfwadm -F -a m -b -S 192.168.1.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0
Slackware 4.0 has a wrapper so ipfwadm works, but I have had no luck.
If you know what the ipchain command is, I would be interested in that
"If a train station is where the train stops,
what is a workstation?" -- Phil Adamson
2. Apache; Block specific interface
3. Installation problems with slackware 4.0...
4. Storing route table in Linux
5. Problems after recompiling kernel on Slackware 4.0 installation
6. Linux Club Starting In Dallas, TX Area
7. slackware 4.0 network problems please help
8. Fast Data Access MMU Miss in Solaris 8
9. Problems with Slackware 4.0 setup
10. Problems with AWE64 (Slackware 4.0 k2.2.6)!
11. Problems with Slackware 4.0 Install
12. argh! mouse problem with freebsd 4.0/xfree 4.0
13. slackware 4.0 and Perl/Tk module