Changing desktop resolution in Gnome?

Changing desktop resolution in Gnome?

Post by Larr » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



How do I change the desktop resolution in Gnome after the initial
configuration?

Thanks,
Larry

 
 
 

Changing desktop resolution in Gnome?

Post by Sebastian Ud » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00



> How do I change the desktop resolution in Gnome after the initial
> configuration?

> Thanks,
> Larry

Yo can't change the desktop resolution in Gnome or KDE.
Gnome is only a environment, which means it provides a panel, al lot of
useful programs etc..

When you want to change the Resolution, you have to change the settings
of your X-Server.

You can do that by typing:

XF86Setup.

If you like it the classical way, type:

xf86config

 
 
 

Changing desktop resolution in Gnome?

Post by Tom William » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00





> > How do I change the desktop resolution in Gnome after the initial
> > configuration?

> > Thanks,
> > Larry

> Yo can't change the desktop resolution in Gnome or KDE.
> Gnome is only a environment, which means it provides a panel, al lot
of
> useful programs etc..

> When you want to change the Resolution, you have to change the
settings
> of your X-Server.

> You can do that by typing:

> XF86Setup.

> If you like it the classical way, type:

> xf86config

Also, depending on which resolutions are currently configured, you can
use the "Ctrl-Shift-KeyPadPlus" or "Ctrl-Shift-KeyPadMinus" keys to
toggle through screen resolutions until you find the one you want.  You
will have to guess as to which resolution you are looking at because
there will be no indication of which resolution is being displayed.

This is an XFree86 "thing".

Peace....

Tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Changing desktop resolution in Gnome?

Post by Dave Bro » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00





>> xf86config

>Also, depending on which resolutions are currently configured, you can
>use the "Ctrl-Shift-KeyPadPlus" or "Ctrl-Shift-KeyPadMinus" keys to
>toggle through screen resolutions until you find the one you want.  You
>will have to guess as to which resolution you are looking at because
>there will be no indication of which resolution is being displayed.

>This is an XFree86 "thing".

However, there is a command to fetch all sorts of info about your
Xserver, including the screen resolution it's operating with:

  xdpyinfo

That'll take the guesswork out.

--
Dave Brown  Austin, TX