pppd: LCP timeout sending Config-Requests

pppd: LCP timeout sending Config-Requests

Post by John Baile » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 12:50:08

Ok,

I'm trying to get the Alcatel SpeedTouch USB working in Mandrake 8.  I've
gotten everything seemingly running without a hitch.  Modem synchs up, all
the modules load up correctly, but I get this when i run pppd:

pppd[1234]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

the how-to only says that this means that the ppp daemon is wrongly
configured and is not sending data to them modem, but gives you NO steps to
correctly configure it.  what could be wrong?

i'm so close i can taste it!
John

pppd: LCP timeout sending Config-Requests

Post by Webusene » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:52:20

Did you figure out what your problem was? I have the same problem and can't
find anything on how and what the settings should be.

Quote:> Ok,

> I'm trying to get the Alcatel SpeedTouch USB working in Mandrake 8.  I've
> gotten everything seemingly running without a hitch.  Modem synchs up, all
> the modules load up correctly, but I get this when i run pppd:

> pppd[1234]: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

> the how-to only says that this means that the ppp daemon is wrongly
> configured and is not sending data to them modem, but gives you NO steps
> correctly configure it.  what could be wrong?

> i'm so close i can taste it!
> John

1. pppd fails with: LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests

18 months ago I managed a ppp connection to a local ISP and it has worked
fine
ever since.  But now I am attempting a connection to unidial.com and I get
this in
the /var/log/messages file:

LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
Connection Terminated
Receive serial link is not 8-bit clean
Problem:  all had bit 7 set to 0

This is Red Hat 4 Linux

Please email even if you post (I am liable to miss posts until I get used to
IE4 under W95).

Thanks,

2. using gunzip

3. pppd -> LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests ???

4. DNS/MX Record problem.

5. "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests" w/ pppd 2.1 p2

6. PCMCIA Problems: No bridges found

7. PPPD Dial-In, FreeBSD 4.3, "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests".

8. Need help to move win95 Read only file

9. pppd dial ins and , "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests"

10. pppd: "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests"

11. PPPD says: "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests"

12. LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests - more info

13. Rehat 4.0 ppp: "LCP: timeout sending Config-Requests"