LINUX "plug & play" CD with Philips LMS CM205 CD rom drive

LINUX "plug & play" CD with Philips LMS CM205 CD rom drive

Post by Arkadiusz Chojnac » Mon, 12 Jun 1995 04:00:00

with dos use setver mscdex.exe 4.00
i don't know about linux .

1. LINUX "plug & play" CD with Philips LMS CM205 CD rom drive

recently i acquired the Yggdrasil plug & play linux cd, and of course
being plugged in and played was the furthest thing from its mind.
the first few times i tried booting, it didn't recognize the cd at all.
on consulting the docs, it becomes clear that they realized that the
philips cd rom drivers had to be separate due to some conflict with other
cd rom drivers and they nicely enough included a boot disk for the philips
drive.  however, they neglected to remove whatever cd drivers this version
of the boot disk conflicts with and, while the cm205 is recognized during
boot, i unfortunately get numerous other errors (from trying other cd
drives) and an eventual kernel panic about being unable to mount root.
does anyone have any experience getting this particular version of linux
to work with the cm205 drive, or have any suggestions about how to get
linux running from an alternate boot disk (that they might know how to
obtain)?  i'd really appreciate it...
the last straw for me was that the friendly MSCDEX compatible "runlinux"
program doesn't work either (although it's supposed to work with all
mscdex compatible drives, which my philips is), because it immediately
reboots the pc rather than starting linux.  quite frustrating, of course.
any suggestions about that would also be appreciated....
thanks,
chris koeritz.
--
 To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others--Shakyamuni Buddha

2. Expert help needed. Which distro for me?

3. Linux driver for Philips/LMS 205 CD-ROM drive

4. Linux as gateway with 2 network cards...

5. Plug&Play Linux installation help (using Mitsumi quad speed CD-ROM Drive)

6. Q: Static binaries: where do I get libX11.a ???

7. LMS CD-ROM - CM205 + Linux 1.1.59

8. wanted: printer filter

9. Drivers for Philips LMS-205 CD-ROM-Drive?

10. Philips LMS-206 CD-ROM Drive ?

11. Why does "cd /usr/////bin" = "cd /usr/bin"?

12. How to get "cd dir" working as "cd dir ; pwd"?

13. Searching for Driver: CD-ROM LMS-CM205