Boot trouble

Post by Edward Christopher Ker » Sun, 19 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have a 486 that I am in the process of installing debian 1.3 on.  It
is a very wierd computer: microchannel and SCSI.  It will only see the
hard disk if I press shift to get a boot prompt type "ibmmcascsi=7".
How do I get it to recognise the HDD automatically?  I tried adding the
line append="ibmmcascsi=7" to lilo.conf and running lilo, but it still
does not work without me doing it manually from the boot prompt.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Edward Christopher Kern

ICQ# 9984441

1. Boot trouble, no hfs boot ...

Hi !

I think I've done something stupid:

- installed Suse Linux PPC
- deleted all partitions and replaced them by a linux-swap + native with
Suse Linux on

Result: the ? appears on booting, and that's it.

Does anyone knows a solution ? (bootable cd e.g.) And where to download it ?

Many thanks in advance !

Joris

P.S. I have no MacOS on CD, my PPC is a G3 IceCube, MacOS was installed on
it, no MacOS CD delivered.

2. Iomega Zip Drive!

3. LILO / scsi-ide boot troubles

4. 2.2.20 umount oops (probably smbfs related)

5. Boot troubles

6. 12vdc fans

7. RH 7.0/Win2K Dual Boot Trouble

8. Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical defaults to 400cpi

9. redhat 6.0 boot trouble

10. boot troubles with second HD on Sparc5

11. SCSI Boot Trouble with Ultrastore 14F

12. Linux AH2940 boot trouble

13. Linux Dual Boot Trouble