Help! Child died with FF00 during Boot!

Post by Jiangeng S » Fri, 17 May 1996 04:00:00

I am having the same problem.  I can boot with the floppy, and install
all the stuff. But when I try to loadlin, it exploded with "child xxx
died at ff:00".  please give me a pointer.

Help! Child died with FF00 during Boot!

Post by kas » Mon, 20 May 1996 04:00:00

-->
--> I am having the same problem.  I can boot with the floppy, and install
--> all the stuff. But when I try to loadlin, it exploded with "child xxx
--> died at ff:00".  please give me a pointer.
-->

poor me had the same problem, until i realised that i had inserted the wrong
disk ( a msdos disk) by accident.

Probably not your problem, but.....

|<ase
-----
members.tripod.com/~kase

Post by E. Lefty Kreouzi » Sat, 01 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> I am having the same problem.  I can boot with the floppy, and install
> all the stuff. But when I try to loadlin, it exploded with "child xxx
> died at ff:00".  please give me a pointer.

I had the same problem when I accidentally typed

rpm -u ld.so-xxx ( uninstall ld.so package)
instead of
rpm -U ld.so-xxx ( upgrade ld.so package )

Thus erasing ld.so and f***ing the system to the extent that nothing
worked anymore.

Oh well.

Lefty Kreouzis

1. Help! Child died with FF00 during Boot!

This must be really easy and simple...

My configuration:
386DX-40PC with 4Mb mem
2 Seagate st157 harddisks (around 40mb each)
1 hd 3.5
1 dd 5.25

My problem:
I installed Linux using umsdos and the Slackware distribution.. When I
try to boot, either using bootlin, loadlin or from a 'self'-created
(by Linux setup) Linux cannot mount the filesystem or it finds the
filesystem and then it starts printing:
Child 2 died with FF00
Child 3 died with FF00

Did I forget something during installation? One strange thing though,
I had to copy fdformat from another linux box, since it was not
installed in my fs. Other weird things were that during installation
all kinds of command showed up with errmsg, showing problems accessing
memory.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance!

Roy

Cambridge Technology Partners, Inc.
Apollolaan 15, 1077 AB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Tel: +31-(0)20 575 0567 / FAX: +31-(0)20 575 0500
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

2. Beginning with Linux

3. Linux won't boot- "child # died with code ff00" message

4. Need recommendations for EISA network card

5. slackware 2.3.0 boot problem (child #n died with code ff00)

6. How to upgrade my kernel ?

7. "child nnn... died with code ff00 loop on boot

8. two questions about "mailtool"

9. Slackware 2.3.0, bare boot -> child process XXX died with code ff00

10. Child xxxx died at ff00

11. child (#) died with code ff00??????????????

12. child xxx died with code ff00

13. What is "Child #### died with ff00" ?