pentium version wanted

Post by dirk ross » Sun, 09 Apr 1995 04:00:00

hi i'm looking for a linux version

for a pentium machine with pci bus. in all the readme files from the slackware versions i found on ftp sites
it's written that these versions are only for 486 and local-bus,isa or eisa
but not for pci.

please mail me

thanks, dirk

pentium version wanted

Post by Tim Bas » Sun, 09 Apr 1995 04:00:00

In the devel dir of sunsite their is a gcc-i.2.6.3  or whatever
the latest flavor lives there.  Build this pentium optimized
version of gcc and then recompile your kernal using the
pentium optimized compliler.     Works like a charm.  I've
been running -mpentium kernel exclusively for over 2 weeks and
am very pleased.

Tim

: hi i'm looking for a linux version

: for a pentium machine with pci bus. in all the readme files from the slackware versions i found on ftp sites
: it's written that these versions are only for 486 and local-bus,isa or eisa
: but not for pci.

: please mail me

: thanks, dirk

pentium version wanted

Post by H. Peter Anv » Sun, 09 Apr 1995 04:00:00

In newsgroup: comp.os.linux.setup

Quote:

> hi i'm looking for a linux version

> for a pentium machine with pci bus. in all the readme files from the
> slackware versions i found on ftp sites
> it's written that these versions are only for 486 and local-bus,isa or eisa
> but not for pci.

> please mail me

Stock Linux work fine on both 586 and PCI without any changes.

        /hpa

--
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."  --  Baha'u'llah

1. Wanted: Sendmail version 8+ wanted for SCO 3.2v4.2

Is there source available specifically for SCO?

I have the full dev kit with TCP/IP add-on (except for the US
encryption library of course).
--
Raj Rijhwani        (umtsb5/16) |  This is the voice of the Mysterons...

http://www.courtfld.demon.co.uk/raj/ (demon, and gods, willing...)

2. miroVIDEO 12PD

3. help wanted with Dual Pentium Board

4. Avance Logic 2301 PCI problems

5. Pentium MW w/NCR scsi. Advice Wanted

6. newbie question

7. A Gateway Pentium wants to run Xwindow

8. SIOCSIFLAGS no such device or file

9. Pentium/Triton Hardware diagnostics wanted

10. Gateway Pentium wants to run XWindows

11. Wanted:Advice on 100 MHZ Pentium System for LINUX

12. High-End Pentium MB Recs wanted!

13. WANTED:Pentium MB Compat. List