Compaq Deskpro 4000 Linux (Slackware 3.2) Installation Problems

Compaq Deskpro 4000 Linux (Slackware 3.2) Installation Problems

Post by Ron Mille » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hey folks,

I'm unable to install Slackware 3.2 on my Compaq.  The boot disk runs
(tried bare.i and barepnp.i) beyond the RAMDISK part, then the machine
reboots itself.  The computer contains one of those 'a:drives', which is
both a 1.44 Mbyte floppy and 120 Mbyte combo unit connected to an
embedded IDE controller (shared with CR-583B CD-ROM unit).  Is this the
source of my problems?  Otherwise, the computer works fine as a
dual-boot Win3.1/Win95 platform.

I'll look around some more for an answer, but wanted to post this in
case others were having, or had, similar problems.

Hughes Space & Communications Co.
First in Global Communications (and last to update on USENET)

<theopinionsexpressedheredonotnecessarilyreflectthoseofmyemployer>