Help creating boot disk for RedHat4.0

Post by Pratip Mukherj » Thu, 10 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I was a Slackware user all along. I wanted to give the RedHat system a try. So,
I downloaded RedHat 4.0 and installed it. But I cannot figure out how to
create a suitable boot disk. My problem is that, on the first drive I have
WINNT and WIN95 with very valuable data, and I do not want to mess-up with its
boot sector, and Linux is on the second IDE drive. With Slackware things were
so easy, just create a boot floppy, and boot from it. How do I do the
equivalent thing with RedHat (without going into any complication with LILO)?
Thanks in advance for any help.