Make the boot floppy boot dos?

Post by Dick Goldber » Sat, 03 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I loaded lilo on the hda5, being afraid I'd*up my Win95
partition.  I can run both OSs without trouble using the boot floppy but
would like to boot either from the hard drive.  I have been told to
"make the boot floppy boot dos, then run lilo" and all will be well.  I
have fooled with the floppy lilo.conf to no avail.  I would rather have
two working OSs than a machine I can't use for business so I am
reluctant to proceed further without quidance.
Has anyone got some simple words of counsel?  I don't think I need
detailed instructions but . . . I sure could use at least a direction.
Thanks in advance.

Richard H Goldberg                    Foothills Associates
303-697-8334 Voice                    6610 Crestbrook Drive
303-697-1597 Fax & Data               Morrison, CO 80465

1. Making Boot floppy to boot in single

Hi,

Can someone tell me how I can make a boot floppy so that I can enter into
single user mode in RedHat 4.2?  The Bootdisk-HOWTO did not help because
I requires too much space inorder to make a bootable root floppy.

2. Wearnes CD-ROM compatible??

3. Making custom boot floppies without a floppy.

4. Console Would Not Scroll

5. Linux floppy won't boot, DOS floppy will

6. How to set Text View in KFM

7. use floppy when boot linux by boot floppy

8. Handling gif/jpg from command line.

9. Making boot floppy with non-default kernel

10. Making a boot floppy -- /unix too big

11. making a boot/root floppy.....help.....