XWindows won't start in right resolution.

XWindows won't start in right resolution.

Post by Mark » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
        I've just installed Linux on my PC. After running xf86config and
starting xwindows I found that it has a resolution of 300x400
(ish)...really big anyway. I've tried editing the XF86Config file only
leaving the screen setup to allow 1024x1024, which is what I want. I
know the system should be able to handle it Matrox G200 AGP 8Mb card and
a Voodoo 2 (Which I'm not using), just hangs on with the pass thou
cable, and ADI 5G Monitor. (It worked fine on my 486)

I've tried a minimum setup i.e. 640x480 same story. Does anyone have an
idea of what I'm doing wrong ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

1. Xwindows won't start.....help needed

After deinstalling staroffice my Xwindows won't work no more.
This is wat I get in my log:

(**) Mouse1: ZAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
(II) Keyboard "Keyboard1" handled by legacy driver
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse1" (type: MOUSE)
Could not init font path element unix/:-1, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Anyone who has a clue what is wrong here and how do i solve it?!
I work with Mandrake 7.2.....

Thnx,
Deech

2. Help with term

3. netscape won't start from Xwindow or command prompt

4. gcc problem - wouldn't compile

5. Xwindows won't start anymore

6. LINUX Connectivity

7. XWindows won't start

8. CDROM:panasonic install problem

9. Nertworking is Xwindows won't start

10. Xwindows won't start!

11. X won't start: can't open default font 'fixed'

12. x-win won't start with eth0 enabled

13. x-win won't start with eth0 enabled!