Diamond Viper 330 and iiyama vision master pro 17"

Diamond Viper 330 and iiyama vision master pro 17"

Post by Jason Hon » Sun, 15 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have
Pentinum II 266,
ABit LX-6 Motherboard,
Diamond Viper 330 4MB,
iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17" screen,
Microsoft PS2 intelli mouse.

I was trying to install Metro-X server which came with infomagic Linux 6
CD sets in Fall 1997. (Redhat 2.0.30)

1.  Which video card I should choose?
2.  Which screen I should choose?
3.  Should  I pick up 2 button mouse or just ps2 2button?
4.  Is there any way that I can read/write windows 95 FAT32 file system?
5.  Where is the latest Metro-X ftp site?

Thank you,
Jason

Post by Michael Hudso » Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> I have
> Pentinum II 266,
> ABit LX-6 Motherboard,
> Diamond Viper 330 4MB,
> iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17" screen,
> Microsoft PS2 intelli mouse.

> I was trying to install Metro-X server which came with infomagic Linux 6
> CD sets in Fall 1997. (Redhat 2.0.30)

That's your first mistake - I don't think Metro-X supports the nVidia
Riva 128 chipset yet, so install XFree insead.
You'll need to install XFree 3.3.2, so head over to www.xfree86.org, or
your favourite mirror.
I use xf86config for setup.

Quote:> 1.  Which video card I should choose?

The one which mentions the nvidia chipset.
Quote:> 2.  Which screen I should choose?

That depends on your screen. Pick (conservatively) from the list
xf86config gives you.
Quote:> 3.  Should  I pick up 2 button mouse or just ps2 2button?

Pick ps/2 mouse, don't choose "Emulate3Buttons", and then edit the line
in XF86Config which reads
Protocol "ps/2"
to read
Proctocol "imps/2"

Quote:> 4.  Is there any way that I can read/write windows 95 FAT32 file system?
Not that I know of.
> 5.  Where is the latest Metro-X ftp site?

> Thank you,
> Jason

I hope some of this helps.

--
Michael Hudson
Jesus College

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Diamond Viper 330 and iiyama vision master pro 17"

Post by Peter Dawe » Mon, 16 Mar 1998 04:00:00

(Stuff cut out)
> 4.  Is there any way that I can read/write windows 95 FAT32 file system?

Yes, you can read and write to a FAT32 - see the FAT32 web page at

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/fat32.html

There are good instructions there.

Peter Dawes

Diamond Viper 330 and iiyama vision master pro 17"

Post by Tillmann Steinbreche » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

> > I have
> > Pentinum II 266,
> > ABit LX-6 Motherboard,
> > Diamond Viper 330 4MB,
> > iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17" screen,
> > Microsoft PS2 intelli mouse.

Nice system :)

Quote:> > I was trying to install Metro-X server which came with infomagic Linux 6
> > CD sets in Fall 1997. (Redhat 2.0.30)

> That's your first mistake - I don't think Metro-X supports the nVidia
> Riva 128 chipset yet, so install XFree insead.
> You'll need to install XFree 3.3.2, so head over to www.xfree86.org, or
> your favourite mirror.
> I use xf86config for setup.

Metro-X doesn't support Riva128, but neither does XFree 3.3.2.
Get the XSuSE X Server for Riva128 - leech it from
http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/index.html

Runs very fast and stable. I'm using it right now.

regards,
 Tillmann
--
 _____   ___ _____
|_   _| / __|_   _|    Tillmann Steinbrecher    Black holes are

  |_|(_)|___/ |_|(_)   http://till.home.ml.org  divided by zero

Post by Michael Hudso » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,

> > > I have
> > > Pentinum II 266,
> > > ABit LX-6 Motherboard,
> > > Diamond Viper 330 4MB,
> > > iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17" screen,
> > > Microsoft PS2 intelli mouse.

> Nice system :)

> > > I was trying to install Metro-X server which came with infomagic Linux 6
> > > CD sets in Fall 1997. (Redhat 2.0.30)

> > That's your first mistake - I don't think Metro-X supports the nVidia
> > Riva 128 chipset yet, so install XFree insead.
> > You'll need to install XFree 3.3.2, so head over to www.xfree86.org, or
> > your favourite mirror.
> > I use xf86config for setup.

> Metro-X doesn't support Riva128, but neither does XFree 3.3.2.
> Get the XSuSE X Server for Riva128 - leech it from
> http://www.suse.de/XSuSE/index.html

> Runs very fast and stable. I'm using it right now.

> regards,
>  Tillmann
> --

I don,t like to say "ha ha, I'm right, you're wrong", but that page has
changed in the last couple of days:
"Except for the server for 3DLabs based cards (XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria), all
of our servers have been integrated into the SVGA or Mach64 Server
of XFree86-3.3.2. You can download the SVGA Server as RPM archive or as
TGZ archive and configure it with a modified xf86config. Please
do the same with the Mach64 Server, which is also available as RPM
archive or TGZ archive. Please follow the hints for the Installation of
XSuSE-X-Server to configure the server."
also, at www.xfree86.org, we find
"Highlights of the new release include
     Acceleration additions and enhancements including Number Nine
Revolution 3D and I128, W32, W32i, AT3D, AT25, NV1, Riva128,
     and TGUI chipsets.
..."
So it looks as if 3.3.2 does support the Riva128.

--
Michael Hudson
Jesus College

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Diamond Viper 330 and iiyama vision master pro 17"

Post by Tillmann Steinbreche » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

<snip>

Quote:> I don,t like to say "ha ha, I'm right, you're wrong", but that page has
> changed in the last couple of days:

<snip>

Quote:> So it looks as if 3.3.2 does support the Riva128.

Indeed, I wasn't up-to-date.

I'm just about to download the new X Server :)

regards,
 Tillmann

--
 _____   ___ _____
|_   _| / __|_   _|    Tillmann Steinbrecher    Black holes are

  |_|(_)|___/ |_|(_)   http://till.home.ml.org  divided by zero

Diamond Viper 330 and iiyama vision master pro 17"

Post by Kevin L » Wed, 18 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm just about to download the new X Server :)

        I'm a newbie here , wanted to download the other day but I
feared that I won't know how to install . Any tios ?

Rgds,
Kevin.

Post by Anthony W. Youngma » Sun, 22 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>>I'm just about to download the new X Server :)

>       I'm a newbie here , wanted to download the other day but I
>feared that I won't know how to install . Any tios ?

My distribution came with 3.2 while I needed 3.3.1 (I've got a
Mystique). Just make sure you read the documentation and it's dead easy
- all my problems were because I didn't rtfm first :-)

Trousers with a single hole in their waistband are topologically equivalent
to a doughnut. These sugarcoated trousers have yet to catch on at fast-food
outlets! (SuperStrings by F. David Peat)

If replying by e-mail please mail wol. Anything else may get missed amongst
the spam.

1. iiyama 17" vision master +diamond viper v550 16Mb mem

I have a problem using a diamond video v 550 16 Mb mem and a iiyama vision
master s701GT, I read about a million FAQ's and the I RTFM but I don't seem
to get the hang of it! I would love to run RedHat with the proper
installation but whatever I tryt it doesn't work. StartX will not accept the
video modes of the card I use.
Another thing I read about through 50 web pages to find out how to install
the rigth wheel-mouse( I use an Logitech M-S48) but nothing works.
Last but not least I finally found a web page that could tell me how to
install the right things in etc/ppp to use my cable modem but the guy who
wrote the installation said: if you're connected, just push <shift> and
click the left button of the mouse and the file will be written to the right
dir!!!!!! That's a problem if you're unable to get on line.
He probably means good and is much better than me with linux. I installed it
just a week ago......
Is there somebody that can help me?? I'm not new to unix but just a little
bit rusty....
tnx

2. macro variables

3. modeline for iiyama vision master pro 17" 9017E?

4. compiling in hostname into object files

5. IIyama Vision Master Pro 17" Modelines

6. comp.unix.aix Frequently Asked Questions (Part 1 of 5)

7. IIyama Vision Master Pro 17 MT-9017E Problems

8. NEWBIE QUESTION!!!! Unarchive File?

9. XF86Config Modelines for iiyama MT-9017E (Vision Master Pro 17)?

10. IIYAMA Vision Master Pro 17

11. XFree 3.1: Diamond Stealth 64 2Mb VRAM + IDEK 8617 17" Vision Master 17: XFConfig needed

12. Idek Vision Master Pro 17"