Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications

Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications

Post by Michael Bad » Sun, 05 Aug 2001 16:30:36

Hi,
I can not settle for a decent font which will:
1. Look good on my system on all the following applications
2. Display the apostrophe (currently, any choice I have made did NOT
display it)

Any ideas?

My system details:
1. I have a dual boot Win98/LM8 128 MB system. Using Drakfont, I have
imported
the Windows fonts.
2. I use XFree 4.0x/KDE 2.1.2 on a 17 inch monitor at 1024x768 (24b)
resolution
3. I usually use KMail, Konqueror, Opera 5, Pan & Knode.
4. I have currently chosen the following fonts:
a. KDE-adventure 14 default (General) and adobe-courier 14 iso 8859-1 as my
Fixed width font.
b. Opera-Helvetica

TIA

1. Looking for a font that will look OK in all my applications

Hi,
I can not settle for a decent font which will:
1. Look good on my system on all the following applications
2. Display the apostrophe (currently, any choice I have made did NOT
display it)

Any ideas?

My system details:
1. I have a dual boot Win98/LM8 128 MB system. Using Drakfont, I have
imported
the Windows fonts.
2. I use XFree 4.0x/KDE 2.1.2 on a 17 inch monitor at 1024x768 (24b)
resolution
3. I usually use KMail, Konqueror, Opera 5, Pan & Knode.
4. I have currently chosen the following fonts:
a. KDE-adventure 14 default (General) and adobe-courier 14 iso 8859-1 as my
Fixed width font.
b. Opera-Helvetica

TIA

2. X-VNC won't start: font problem?

3. OK OK So X-window looks like great thing until you try to use it.

4. NFS discussion list

5. KDE 2.2.2: control center: Look & Feel: Fonts: fixed width font selector broken ?

6. Patch to objdump and encaps program

7. True Type Font Setup: Fonts Look Bold on Edges

8. ypbind problem

9. problem seeing newly installed TTF fonts in KDE Look&Feel->Fonts

10. vpn - not sure if its what Im looking for - looking for advice

11. Utter newbie end-user looking for where to look

12. GNOME install looking for xlock, xlock looking for???

13. RH71: Confused Quotas - quotaon looking for quota.user, edquota looking for aquota.user