Setting up FTP/Anonymous FTP

Post by Chris R. Mart » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I've read the NAG (mostly) and the networking how-to's.. and I think I can
get my ethernet card working for my small two computer network. However
I've noticed that none of these documents mention FTP or anonymous FTP -
Is there a HOW-TO I've missed, or is there some documentation somewhere
so I can set up both regular FTP and anonymous FTP ??

Thanks, Chris.
--
===

                             www: http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~crm7479

Setting up FTP/Anonymous FTP

Post by Jon Mitche » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I've read the NAG (mostly) and the networking how-to's.. and I think I can
>get my ethernet card working for my small two computer network. However
>I've noticed that none of these documents mention FTP or anonymous FTP -
>Is there a HOW-TO I've missed, or is there some documentation somewhere
>so I can set up both regular FTP and anonymous FTP ??

Almost every distribution has it setup in one state or another.  For more
information on how to change the current setup:

man ftpd

Jon Mitchell                                    CCSO Site Consultant

*speaks only for himself*

Post by M. Buchenried » Fri, 20 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>>I've read the NAG (mostly) and the networking how-to's.. and I think I can
>>get my ethernet card working for my small two computer network. However
>>I've noticed that none of these documents mention FTP or anonymous FTP -
>>Is there a HOW-TO I've missed, or is there some documentation somewhere
>>so I can set up both regular FTP and anonymous FTP ??
>Almost every distribution has it setup in one state or another.  For more
>information on how to change the current setup:
>man ftpd

Yup. Additionally, there's an Anonymous-FTP-FAQ, posted regularly in
comp.security.unix, I think.

Michael

* "Real computer scientists don't program in assembler. They don't write *
*  in anything less portable than a number two pencil."                  *