Caldera 1st Preview help!

Post by Rick Mantoot » Sun, 25 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Well, the following is what was in the post. Sounds like "reptile" really
needs help on this one :-)

Rick

Honest, I really didn't <clip> anything..

Dictionary: MURPHY'S LAW: 1 --> See Mantooth

Caldera 1st Preview help!

Post by Roger Scraffo » Mon, 26 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Yes, that's the content!

What kind of help do you need?  I've got it running fine, so I might have
some ideas.

- roger

    ===================================

--
+ -------------------------------------------------------+
|   http://www.blarg.com/~rscraff/  |    Linux 1.3.1     |

Caldera 1st Preview help!

Post by rept.. » Tue, 27 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>  What kind of help do you need?  I've got it running fine, so I might have
>  some ideas.

>  - roger

     I have been using the Desktop extensively.  For a Preview version I
think it is hot and has alot of potential.  Sitll have a few questions though:

1)  Using FIND from the Window Menu, how can I make it do the equvilant
      of ' find / -mount -name <file> -print'?  Everytime I use it to find a file
      it goes through my whole CD and I don't want to have to umount it.

2)  Bringing up the pop-up menu with the list of terms, only xterm works,
      none of the other terms work, and I like to use the color_term with a
      large font.

3)  How do I get the Word Perfect Demo to run?  I intalled it using LIM
      and everything installed correctly, but I have no idea of how to
      launch it.

     Other than that I am still exploring... Xfishtank is hot!

Caldera 1st Preview help!

Post by Dan Langri » Tue, 27 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>     I have been using the Desktop extensively.  For a Preview version I
>think it is hot and has alot of potential.  Sitll have a few questions though:

>1)  Using FIND from the Window Menu, how can I make it do the equvilant
>      of ' find / -mount -name <file> -print'?  Everytime I use it to
>      find a file it goes through my whole CD and I don't want to have
>      to umount it.

Just make a little script, or do it in your shell (I use tcsh...If you
use bash or pdksh, make a csh script) --

(I'm assuming your cdrom is mounted to /cdrom.  If it's not, replace
 your path to your cdrom with the word 'cdrom' here)

foreach i (`/bin/ls -1 /`)
if ($i != "cdrom") then
        find $i -mount -name <file> -print
endif

--

Dan Langrill

Caldera 1st Preview help!

Post by Dan Langri » Tue, 27 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>>     I have been using the Desktop extensively.  For a Preview version I
>>think it is hot and has alot of potential.  Sitll have a few questions though:

>>1)  Using FIND from the Window Menu, how can I make it do the equvilant
>>      of ' find / -mount -name <file> -print'?  Everytime I use it to
>>      find a file it goes through my whole CD and I don't want to have
>>      to umount it.

>Just make a little script, or do it in your shell (I use tcsh...If you
>use bash or pdksh, make a csh script) --

>(I'm assuming your cdrom is mounted to /cdrom.  If it's not, replace
> your path to your cdrom with the word 'cdrom' here)

>foreach i (`/bin/ls -1 /`)
>if ($i != "cdrom") then
>    find $i -mount -name <file> -print
>endif

Oops...Just read this again...

Maybe you can't do this...I just realized that you're probably not
talking about how to do it in a shell; rather, you want to do it
in your Caldera desktop...

Sorry...
--

Dan Langrill

Caldera 1st Preview help!

Post by rept.. » Wed, 28 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>  Maybe you can't do this...I just realized that you're probably not
>  talking about how to do it in a shell; rather, you want to do it
>  in your Caldera desktop...

>  Sorry...
>  --

     Correct, i am trying to do it from within the Desktop, using the
Find menu item.  Has a real cool interface, with checkbox options,
but no way apparent to skip the /cdrom directory.  Hopefully
it will be more configurable in the next Preview release.  Aside
from this, it is a nice utility.

1. Caldera 1st Preview Support!

     I ordered my copy two days ago and it arrived today!
Anyways, I installed it this morning and been messing
around with it all day. Seems there is alot more it than
I imagined.  At this moment there is no personal support
tor this Preview version.  I noticed there are a few users
here that recieved Caldera and there are a few others
in the comp.os.linux.misc group.  Since setup is a
breeze and I m sure that others will have some problems
once inside the desktop, I propose we share our
experiences and our Caldera problems in the
comp.os.linux.misc group.  I will post my difficulties
as well as victories there...

2. IRIX-install

3. Caldera 1st Preview

4. how to email from my domain

5. Caldera Technology Preview

6. Performance monitoring

7. Caldera Preview 1 users?

8. Unusually long console login time with 2.4

9. caldera preview?

10. Getting installed Caldera Network Desktop Preview II with a 3c589B

11. Caldera Preview..

12. Caldera Preview II

13. Caldera Preview II problems