X windows display keeps breaking up.

Post by Tony Hwan » Wed, 19 Sep 2001 12:56:48

Hi,
I installed a RH7.0 on my PC with KDE. X display keeps breaking up and
I have to refresh desk top once in a while. I did not run into problem
configuring video card during install. The card is S3 Savage4 with 32Meg
of SDRAM. I don't think it should behave this way. Any help appreciated.
TIA,
Tony

X windows display keeps breaking up.

Post by Graeme Coate » Sat, 22 Sep 2001 06:17:49

Have you got the latest version of X? I have a Savage 4 card and I need to
run the savage driver under 4.1.0 to get it to work properly as it is buggy
under 4.0.1 and has problems with the refresh on screen.

As a workround, add the option "noaccel" to the XF86Config file until you
can upgrade to 4.1.0. Works fine on my system and KDE works very well.

HTH

GC

Quote:> Hi,