Problem: Printer Canon BJC 4300 and RH 5.1

Problem: Printer Canon BJC 4300 and RH 5.1

Post by Ralf Treine » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

does anyone know how to print postscript on a Canon BJC 4300 and a
RedHat 5.1 ?

I tried the printer configuration tool of control-panel. The closest
printer that I could find in the list was "Canon BJC-600 and
BJC-4000". According to the configuration menu, this choice might also
work for later 4000 models. With this choice, ASCII prints out just
fine but on trying to print the psotscript test page, I get a page
with 6 lines of error messages:

Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops
... [5 lines omiited] ...

Any help will be appreciated. Ralf.

Ralf Treinen, L.R.I. Bat. 490, Universite Paris-Sud, F91405 Orsay cedex, France

Post by Theo v. Werkhov » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

: Hi,

: does anyone know how to print postscript on a Canon BJC 4300 and a
: RedHat 5.1 ?

: I tried the printer configuration tool of control-panel. The closest
: printer that I could find in the list was "Canon BJC-600 and
: BJC-4000". According to the configuration menu, this choice might also
: work for later 4000 models. With this choice, ASCII prints out just
: fine but on trying to print the psotscript test page, I get a page
: with 6 lines of error messages:

: Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .putdeviceprops
: .... [5 lines omiited] ...

Yup, same here with a 4200 model. I'v kicked the printtool and rhs-filters
out and installed apsfilter-4.9.9. Works like a charm. It's a Magicfilter,
so whatever you sent to lpr is converted to postscript and then to a
bitmap for the printer. Or you can sent text directly to lpr with -Praw.
Recommended.
Have fun
Theo

--
Theo van Werkhoven              RH4.2 Linux                     Voorhout,

This will end your Windows session. Do you want to play another game?
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
(from r.h.f )

Problem: Printer Canon BJC 4300 and RH 5.1

Post by G?ran Uddebo » Thu, 01 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Ralf Treinen  randomly punched a keyboard and produced:

Quote:>does anyone know how to print postscript on a Canon BJC 4300 and a
>RedHat 5.1 ?

You need a newer version of ghostscript than the one packaged with
RH 5.1.  Pick up ghostscript 5.10, available as an RPM from the
contrib directory.

I can print Postscript just fine on my BJC 4300, after doing this.

Post by Ralf Treine » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Ralf Treinen  randomly punched a keyboard and produced:
> >does anyone know how to print postscript on a Canon BJC 4300 and a
> >RedHat 5.1 ?

> You need a newer version of ghostscript than the one packaged with
> RH 5.1.  Pick up ghostscript 5.10, available as an RPM from the
> contrib directory.

> I can print Postscript just fine on my BJC 4300, after doing this.

I tried this yesterday evening, works great now (to be precise, I took
ghostscript 5.50 from the SuSE ftp server since I'm using the SuSE
distribution). Thanks a lot for your help!

Ralf.

Ralf Treinen, L.R.I. Bat. 490, Universite Paris-Sud, F91405 Orsay cedex, France

1. canon bjc 4300, xbubblejet and Redhat 5.1 printing

hello everybody
------------------------

    Using a redhat 5.1 linux box with a canon BJC4300 printer, a device that
seems to work text only with that system, I recently downloaded a program
named Xbubblejet to print graphix. from http://www.butera.org

    - I had installed Xbubblejet in /usr/bin and it launches fine now
    - I had installed canon-filter.pl in /var/spool/lpd/lp/ I think that is
the right place for it because there is a 'filter' file present also at the
same place

    - I can configure fine but when I hit the 'done' button, an error occurs
because system does not seems to be able to find the '.canon.ps.options' in
/home, effecly, no file by that name can be found in that folder. Nor does
that file seems to exist in /etc. You will find enclosed a trace of the
error log returned by xbubblejet (unix format of course).

    Well I guess there's somethin' wrong; I am working on a brand new
cleanly installed system (2 days old, only redhat 5.1 and KDE 1.1, nothin'
more). I guess that no '.canon.ps.options' is installed anywhere.

    How do I install that file ???

    What is needed to install it?

    If nothing is necessary for that file's installation, and tat file is
not too big (I mean < 50 K), could you send me yours by E-mail? that would
be kind.

2. Systems Programmer Position

3. How can I get my Canon BJC-4300 printer working.

4. What is a loop device?

5. Canon 4300 BJC Problem

6. Solution to install System Commander and FreeBSD

7. BJC 4300 and Redhat 5.1 printing

8. Old Dotmatrix as logging device

9. Canon BJC 4300 linux compatible?

10. Canon BJC-4300 in X

11. Canon BJC-4300

12. HP Deskjet 690C, Canon BJC 4300 under Linux ?

13. Canon BJC-4300