fcntl_setlk() called...w/ broken flock() emulation

fcntl_setlk() called...w/ broken flock() emulation

Post by marty dogget » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I just upgraded a caldera installation (kernel version 1.2.13) to version
1.99.12 (aka pre 2.0.12).  I was able to successfully make and compile the
kernel, and it does boot.  However a number of processes return the above
error, including login (a sample of dmesg is listed below).

partial output of dmesg:

Partition check:
 sda: sda1 sda2 sda3
Adding Swap: 17404k swap-space
fcntl_setlk() called by process 71 (crond) with broken flock() emulation
fcntl_setlk() called by process 130 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation
fcntl_setlk() called by process 134 (lpd) with broken flock() emulation
fcntl_setlk() called by process 149 (login) with broken flock() emulation
fcntl_setlk() called by process 151 (login) with broken flock() emulation

Of note, the version of gcc in use is 2.7.0.

Question:
What exactly is this error refering to?  (does it have something do to with
floating-point, or co-processor, emulation -- which I purposely left out in
the kernel re-compile)?

Or, did I leave something out (i.e. have I missed something in the upgrade
process)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

respectfully,

marty doggett
mercer ranch inc

Post by Randy You » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>Or, did I leave something out (i.e. have I missed something in the upgrade
>process)?

Just one question, yet again.  Does ANYONE read the included documentation
with updates?  Read the Changes file in /usr/src/linux/Documentation and it
will explain this very clearly what is causing it and how easy it
is to fix.

--
Randy Young

Speaking strictly for myself!