X windows and LN -s

Post by ian swa » Tue, 09 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi there I have a problem installing X windows I have all the archives
installed and configerd the Xconfig file and all the need now is to
make the X link point to XF86_SVGA and the system will not make the
link!.

Can some one help out here??.. I am new to Linux so. bear with with!

See ya

1. ln vs. ln -s

A few questions about ln...

A) Is ln atomic?
B) Is ln -s atomic within a filesystem?
c) Is ln -s atomic between filesystems?

My guesses are that (A) is yes, but (B) and (C) are no.  The man pages
say nothing about it.

Thanks,
Eric

--
J. Eric Fosler
CETS Systems Programmer

2. Unable to mount NFS file system from LINUX to AIX 4.2

3. ln & ln -s ??

4. Help needed - Blackdwon JDK 1.1.7v3 setup on Linux

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. X on WinBook XP5

7. *** I lost a file by Accidental ln -s

8. Maybe FAT32???

9. ln to work across filesystems

10. difference between en_US and En_US ln LANG

11. ln

12. the -f switch in ln doesn't work anymore, help!

13. Challenge: 'ln' one liner to merge one directory tree into another?