TritonII +Cyrix 6x86 Root disk problems

Post by Wayne Clemi » Thu, 20 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I currently have a fully working linux 2.0.0 system, but since I have
upgraded my motherboard and processor (Triton II & Cyrix 6x86 P150+) I am
unable to load "ANY" root disks from a boot floppy.
(Upgraded From Pentium 133 with Triton fx chipset)
after placing the root disk into the drive the system gives me a boat
load of processor or exemption type errors then the Kernel panics and
halts the system.(The kernel VFS error number was 2:1)

When I originally installed linux on my system I booted from the Advansys
boot disk (advansys.144 for slackware 3.0.0Elf), and the standard
color.gz root disk from the slackware 3.0 CD-ROM with no problems. My
system configuration is identical, with the exception of the Processor
and Motherboard, as when I originally installed Linux.

I.E.
32Mb of standard (FPM 70ns) ram
Sound Blaster 16 ISA adsp sound card Advansys APB940 PCI scsi card
GrafixStar 400 PCI Graphics card
3c509 ISA ethernet card.

Does anyone out there know of any incompatibilities with the Cyrix chips
or the Triton II chipset &/or Award 4.50pg bios.

Thanks in advance
Wayne.

1. TritonII +Cyrix 6x86 Root disk problems!!!

I currently have a fully working linux 2.0.0 system, but since I have
upgraded my motherboard and processor (Triton II & Cyrix 6x86 P150+) I am
unable to load "ANY" root disks from a boot floppy.
(Upgraded From Pentium 133 with Triton fx chipset)
after placing the root disk into the drive the system gives me a boat
load of processor or exemption type errors then the Kernel panics and
halts the system.(The error number was 2:1)

When I originally installed linux on my system I booted from the Advansys
boot disk (advansys.144 for slackware 3.0.0Elf), and the standard
color.gz root disk from the slackware 3.0 CD-ROM with no problems. My
system configuration is identical, with the exception of the Processor
and Motherboard, as when I originally installed Linux.

I.E.
32Mb of standard (FPM 70ns) ram
Sound Blaster 16 ISA adsp sound card
Advansys APB940 PCI scsi card
GrafixStar 400 PCI Graphics card
3c509 ISA ethernet card.

Does anyone out there know of any incompatibilities with the Cyrix chips
or the Triton II chipset &/or Award 4.50pg bios.

Thanks in advance
Wayne.

2. NFS between OS/2 and Linux

3. TritonII+6x86+Award bios=root disk problems, HELP NEEDED!!!

4. HELP with IBM token-ring!

5. Cyrix 686/TritonII trashing HD

6. Networking DIES

7. A problem with Cyrix 6x86

8. Gnutella exposure/evaluation: Request for comments, brickbats, etc

9. compiling problems cyrix 6x86

10. Redhat 6.1 problems on Cyrix 6x86 P200+

11. Could someone repost problems with Cyrix 6x86 MB

12. Cyrix 6x86 and Netscape 4.07b problems

13. Cyrix 6x86