PPP and linux on fas

Post by Patrick Ohiomob » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I hope I'm posting this to the right newsgroup, but if someone is trying
to tell me that ppp is straightforward to set up in redhat-5.1 or 5.2,
then they need to send me their dialup scripts and show my ignorant (i'll
admit to this before people flame me for criticizing beloved linux) self
what to do, as my university will not lend one finger to help me dial in,
and it's turning into a 3/4 day project, if not more.

PPP and linux on fas

Post by Timothy Buckele » Fri, 01 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> I hope I'm posting this to the right newsgroup, but if someone is trying
> to tell me that ppp is straightforward to set up in redhat-5.1 or 5.2,
> then they need to send me their dialup scripts and show my ignorant (i'll
> admit to this before people flame me for criticizing beloved linux) self
> what to do, as my university will not lend one finger to help me dial in,
> and it's turning into a 3/4 day project, if not more.

  See my "ppp success story" below.  It has one set of successful scripts,
some pointers, and some source URL's.

Timothy Buckelew

1. HylaFAX := SIO Vs FAS tty drivers - where/what is FAS ??

I'm trying to get HylaFAX v4.0pl1 going on SCO ODT 5.0.2, and have a
number of inconsistent problems with Class 2 FAX xmissions dying mid
stream. The docs suggest there are problems with the native sio tty
drivers (quote: "The standard SCO serial I/O driver (SIO) does nothing
with modem control lines if CLOCAL is set on the tty device. The usual
workaround is to use the FAS driver instead").

What are these ? Are they ex SCO ?? etc. etc. Anyone had similar problems
?

This was with a Mr Modem (Rockwell), that has a generally good reputation
within our organisation. The same software/modem works brilliantly on AIX
V4 - even when heavilly loaded.

Looking forward to any help on this please.

2. Recipe for a core Linux System - advice wanted

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. is there any hole in this scheme?

5. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE

6. Excellent CDRW For Linxu

7. FAS and xc for SCO ODT 2.0 (sysV 3.2v4)

8. How can I access the keyboard?

9. ISC V3 3.0, FAS & AST FourPort

10. SCSI problem? fas VS QLGC,isp ...

11. LINUX<(nullmodem)>Mac PPP connection; LINUX as PPP-server

12. FAS driver where?

13. < FAS/SAS for Solaris 2.1 x86 ? >