RedHat 4.2 updates and FTP installation

Post by Juhani Jaakol » Sat, 02 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I intend to install via FTP from a local FTP server. Does the RedHat
installation program automatically pick the newest .rps's from the
updates directory or do I have to mv them manually?

Post by Juhani Jaakol » Sun, 03 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> I intend to install via FTP from a local FTP server. Does the RedHat
> installation program automatically pick the newest .rps's from the
> updates directory or do I have to mv them manually?

The install program didn't care about the updates directory. So I have
to manyally upgrade the packages. Is there any things I should know
before upgrading (except those listed in the RedHat manual)?

1. RedHat 4.2 install via FTP + updated .rpm files

I have downloaded Red Hat 4.2 .rpm files to a local FTP server. I intend
to install another machine from that local FTP server.

I want to use the updated .rpm files from the updates directory. Do I
have to install the old .rpm's from the RPMS directory first or can I
direct the install program to use the new .rpm's directly? Do I have to
copy the updated .rpm's to the RPMS directory or does the install
program look there automatically?

2. Accessing Ext3 from WinXP

3. RedHat 4.2 .rpm updates and install via FTP

4. Welcome to comp.unix.programmer (v1.8)

5. Digi PC/8e installation problems under RH Linux 4.2 (update)

6. Site <><>

7. Updated to 4.2 now ftp access is rejected

8. OpenGL for Linux and problems with kernel compatibility (AudioPCI people, also read)

9. RedHat 4.2 Installation does not recognize ZIP SCSI Adaptor

10. RedHat 4.2 Installation

11. Confused on RedHat 4.2 installation

12. help - RedHat 4.2 installation from hard disk

13. Installation Question - RedHat Linux 4.2