Install problem with Mandrake 7.0

Post by p.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am trying to install Mandrake 7.0 on a Compaq
1279 notebeek.  I have a partitioned HD and the
install goes smothly until it tries to configure
X-windows.  It cannont find a video card.  The
video card is a proprietary card with a Trident
*blade chipset.  I can choose *unsupported
VGA* and I get a vague image that appears to be
two boxes, yes and no.

If anyone can help out, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Andrew

Before you buy.

1. Install problems for Mandrake 7.0 Linux (using Lnx4Win)

Ok I am installing Mandrake Linux 7.0 I get through the Lnx4Win install and
reboot to linux.  It begins nicely then freezes with this error message:

VFS: Cannot open root device 08:01

Please help!!!

---

2. Linux LPD

3. Problem booting up Mandrake 7.0 after installing winmodem driver

4. Changing Desktop resultion

5. Problem installing Mandrake 7.0

6. hang when too many users log into the system

7. Upgrading Redhat's X distribution...

8. Mandrake 7.0 Install Problem

9. Mandrake 7.0 network install problems...

10. Problem to install Mandrake 7.0 on the Toshiba 220CDS laptop

11. Mandrake 7.0 install problem on Toshiba Laptop

12. Mandrake 7.0 Install problem