how can I upgrade tk/tcl with rpm

Post by Nolleken » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I just downloaded TCL/TK 8.0 RPM.
It came in 2 rpm files
-> tcl-8_0-1_i386.rpm
-> tclx-8_0_0b2p1-3.i386.rpm

When I start glint under redhat 4.2
I can easly choose to install this version.

But the old version (original from redhat CD)
is still installed. I try to uninstall them
via glint but I get an error that certain
packages need the old version.

There is an upgrade uption during install
but this seems to have no effect.

How can I upgrade to the new 8.0 ?
Are these files the latest stable version ?

All ideas are welcome, Joeri

1. RPM/Tcl-Tk Question: Right Upgrade Procedure?

I think I may be screwing up somehow as I attempt to upgrade the
Tk-Tcl packages in RH 4.2 to the latest versions (8.1-1, I think).

Using Glint, should I be doing an INSTALL, or an UPGRADE?  Or does it
matter?  I used INSTALL and ended up with what appears to be both the
new and the old packages installed. This manifests itself when I
attempt to start FileRunner, which fails to run and reports problems
executing the initialization script.

Anyone else run into this? Suggestions?

TIA,
TL
"There's a lot to learn
 from wasting time."   -Mr. Neil Young

2. vi editor FAQ (Frequently Asked Question List), Part 2/2

3. how can i upgrade tk/tcl with rpm

4. SEGV signal when debugging a multithreaded program with dbx

5. Redhat RPM wont upgrade/install tcl/tk/tclx

6. swap space size

7. tcl/tk botched upgrade even while using RPM

8. regexp to match lines that don't contain string?

9. RPM of tk/tcl 8.

10. TCL/TK and RPM

11. TCL/TK v8.0 rpms wanted

12. Trouble with RPM, tk and tcl.