sound on a toshiba tecra (suse 7 or slack 7.1)

sound on a toshiba tecra (suse 7 or slack 7.1)

Post by u515472.. » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 02:55:23

Hi, I have a toshiba tecra 720cdt and am trying to install either
slackware 7.1 (what i use no prob on my desktop) or suse 7.0
(which is similar and has tons of automated setup stuff) on it.
I have been able to install both dists with relatively little
problem *except* the sound.

with slackware i assume this will involve recompiling the
kernel which i prefer to avoid (and if i do i might as well get
the 2.4.x etc etc etc) so that kinda leaves me with suse.
When i use yast2 to try and detect the sound card (cs4232 i
believe) it can't detect it, so i try to install it manually.  I
have referred to the www.cck.uni-kl.de/misc/tecra710/
documentation (which was a god send for setting up 16bit
X in suse... slack got it first time) but i am still a bit of a
novice (when it comes to sound settings) and was unsure
what settings i should put where.  Any help with setting
it up (spoon fed newbie style if one can stand it) would
be *greatly* appreciated!

-Gaiko

--
Sent  by gaikokujin_kyofusho  from  mindless in field com

Post by bill davids » Thu, 12 Apr 2001 04:08:14

| with slackware i assume this will involve recompiling the
| kernel which i prefer to avoid (and if i do i might as well get
| the 2.4.x etc etc etc) so that kinda leaves me with suse.

Slackware whould have all the sound drivers in the modules directory, so
it should be a matter of a modprobe to get it going. Sorry, I have a
diferent Tecra, but mine worked that way.

--

At LinuxExpo Sun was showing Linux applications running on Solaris.
They don't get it, the arrow points the other way. There's a reason why

1. Toshiba Sattelite Pro 460CDT, Tecra 530CDT, Tecra 750CDT

I'm thinking of getting one of the Toshiba models 460CDT, 530CDT, or
750CDT. I've looked at the "linux laptop homepage", but these models are
too new (I suppose) to be on it.

Does anyone know of any problems with using these computers with linux?
Can they achieve 1024x768x65K with Xwindows? Will the sound card work?
Will dosemu work? What do you think of your Toshiba 460CDT, 530CDT, or
750CDT?

Zack

2. DHCP

3. 3c589c PCMCIA, Toshiba Tecra 700CT and Suse 6.3

4. HOWTO setup scanner under Linux?

5. Toshiba Tecra Laptop Sound Problem 5.0 - Current

6. Copying newer file only

7. Toshiba Tecra 500CDT - suspend ? sound ?

8. xlock authentication fails

9. Toshiba Tecra 8000 Sound Problem

10. Help with Toshiba Tecra 700 Sound

11. freebsd 4.2 on toshiba tecra 8000 sound & pcmcia issues

12. Sound on Toshiba Tecra 530 CDT laptop

13. Sound problems on Toshiba Tecra 530CDT