PAM and LDAP

Post by Alex R.M. Turne » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to authenticate users from an LDAP server through PAM in
Apache.  (Don't ask why I have t use PAM _and_ LDAP but I do - and yes I
know there are LDAP modules for apache).  I have got PAM working with
apache fine, but I can't seem to compile the LDAP_PAM module.  I'm using
the one that I found on freshmeat.net, and I can't get it to compile let
alone actualy work with PAM.  Any hints/help/URLs you can throw in my
general direction would be highly appreciated.

MM

PAM and LDAP

Post by Alex R.M. Turne » Wed, 04 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to authenticate users from an LDAP server through PAM in
Apache.  (Don't ask why I have t use PAM _and_ LDAP but I do - and yes I
know there are LDAP modules for apache).  I have got PAM working with
apache fine, but I can't seem to compile the LDAP_PAM module.  I'm using
the one that I found on freshmeat.net, and I can't get it to compile let
alone actualy work with PAM.  Any hints/help/URLs you can throw in my
general direction would be highly appreciated.

On furthure investiagation I think I might need the ldapsdk.. anyone know
where I can get it?

 MM

PAM and LDAP

Post by michaelcre.. » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

http://developer.netscape.com

go to downloads and get Directory SDK.

Can't help with PAM though as can't get it to compile my self, error in
Make.defs :-(

Michael

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.9908031009440.1217-

> I am trying to authenticate users from an LDAP server through PAM in
> Apache.  (Don't ask why I have t use PAM _and_ LDAP but I do - and
yes I
> know there are LDAP modules for apache).  I have got PAM working with
> apache fine, but I can't seem to compile the LDAP_PAM module.  I'm
using
> the one that I found on freshmeat.net, and I can't get it to compile
let
> alone actualy work with PAM.  Any hints/help/URLs you can throw in my
> general direction would be highly appreciated.

> On furthure investiagation I think I might need the ldapsdk.. anyone
know
> where I can get it?

>  MM

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. pam/ldap administration

Hello.

I'm about to set up a network of computers and use pam/ldap for
authentication.  Since information relivant to authentication will no
longer be stored in the typical locations (/etc/passwd, /etc/group,
etc.) but in ldap-designated areas, the typical admin tools (adduser,
userdel, passwd) will be quite useless.  For typical admin tasks, will I
have to dig through the entries in the ldap directories or is there any
way to simplify the process?  I am aware of the Migration Tools provided
by PADL.com, perhaps I could overwrite my directories each time I make a
change to my normal system files (passwd, group, etc.).  This, however,
strikes me as somewhat of a "low-tech" solution and I was hoping someone
knew of some scripts or something that would help me out.  Thanks!

--Greg

2. 1.1 Apache?

3. How to use LDAP as PAM in FreeBSD 5.1?

4. Motif-Libraries

5. PAM module for LDAP?

6. group:NGROUPS_MAX

7. Ldap and pam.conf

8. HELP with PPP: modem doesn't hang up

9. iPlanet 5.1, Solaris 9, and pam.conf problem on LDAP client

10. sshd authentication via pam with ldap

11. SRSS 3.0 pam.conf with LDAP authentication

12. ldap-pam-passwd

13. Authentification Problem: MS 2000 - Samba - PAM - LDAP