1. Help Micron Transport Laptop & Redhat V4.0 Install
A coworker of mine is trying to install the Redhat v4.0 on her Micron
laptop system. She has downloaded the CD to a DOS-FAT parition,
removed the CD drive and installed a second hard drive for Linux.
The Laptop is a P133 with 32MB memory, and 2 IDE hard drives.
The install never really gets off the ground. She has cut the 2 boot
disks from the the original CD. When she boots with the first, she gets
the lilo prompt, to which she presses enter. This is followed by Linux
recognizing her hardware devices, it does a partition check, and states
that it finds a compressed image at block 500. It stops and asks for
a root disk. At this point, she inserts the second bootdisk (AKA the
supplimental) and presses enter. This is followed by a kernel panic
during ram-disk initialization.
She has registered with RedHat, has a support ID, and has submitted
a request for help (about a MONTH ago) followed by a "where is my
answer" message last week. Still no response from RedHat support.
(I hope this is not the standard response time for them.)
Does anyone out there have any experience installing RedHat Linux on one
of these Laptops? Any solutions???
Thanks for your help and ideas....
Ken Garlock /* These are my comments, and do not represent
2. Networking hang happening more often
3. Blank screen when installing Debian on a Micron laptop
4. Apache 1.1.1: original directory in absolute-path DirectoryIndex?
5. SCSI errors installing 1.2.13 on Micron Millenia w/BT946C
6. Summary of PAP (PPP) setup on Linux SuSE 6.2
7. MICRON Laptop && Linux
8. Where is Interactive?
9. Display disappears in setup on Micron Millennia Transprot Laptop
10. SOC on Micron Laptop
11. Linux on a Micron laptop: How to use Zip drive?
12. Linux on a Micron Transport Laptop
13. no X on Micron laptop w/ S3 Savage video