Dual-Processing (SMP) with Linux slow down system!

Dual-Processing (SMP) with Linux slow down system!

Post by Moritz Kürt » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi
I have a Dualboard with 2 PII-233 Intel-CPU. Now I compiled a new
kernel with SMP-support and now, the system is much slower than
before. The mouse-pointer moves in big steps and it is not possible to
work with.

My configuration:
GA686DLX 2*PII-233
96MB SDRAM
IBM-DCAS34300 UW-SCSI
Quantum Fireball EIDE
I'm starting linux from DOS with loadlin.

Has anybody a idea?

Thanks
Moritz

Post by Robert A. Obe » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Hi
> I have a Dualboard with 2 PII-233 Intel-CPU. Now I compiled a new
> kernel with SMP-support and now, the system is much slower than
> before. The mouse-pointer moves in big steps and it is not possible to
> work with.

> My configuration:
> GA686DLX 2*PII-233
> 96MB SDRAM
> IBM-DCAS34300 UW-SCSI
> Quantum Fireball EIDE
> I'm starting linux from DOS with loadlin.

> Has anybody a idea?

Cold boot(which is booting from hardware off state).  Make boot disk if
need be.